Do you think you'd still like Opeth if Mike left the band?

I'd be very disappointed if any current members left/were replaced, but Mikael especially so. As previously stated, no Mike = no Opeth.

JoeVice said:
yah, i think he could do a decent job live...but as far as writing new material goes...meh, i'm not one to judge, as i can't know what it would be like...but, i'm not a big fan of swano's stuff. i haven't heard much...but from what i have heard, it just doesn't do it for me...it sounds somewhat cliche and cheesy to me.

please dont talk about dan that way

Yeah, you hurt his feelings, you heartless bastard :p

Seriously though, I agree with what everyone else has said. No Mike = No Opeth.

Mike leaving Opeth = death to all of existance. He's holding the fabric of space and time together, why would he want the universe to implode?!?

Dan Swanö filling in would be okay, I suppose, but he was/is more fit for Edge Of Sanity.

- Fat Mcgeeness

Considering that Mikael *is* Opeth for all intents and purposes I wouldn't really expect Opeth to continue to exist if he were to leave the band. And I would think it'd be a bad idea if they did. Just look at Edge of Sanity when Swano left. Replacing the main/sole creative force in a band with someone else just makes it a different band so it should go by a different name and not try to ride on the fame of the previous name.

Opeth would stop if Mike left, and the other guys would probably do seperate projects. I'd check all of those out. But without Mike, there is no Opeth. I think they'll barely survive if Lopez leaves, but if Mike left that owuld be too much...

It would be like Jim Morrison dying and the Doors going on, or Freddie Mercury dying and Queen going on, or...

oh wait :cry:

headbanger1547 said:
I do, however, think that Dan Swano could take Mike's place. Obviously it wouldn't be the exact same and the band would undergo some changes, but I do think he could keep Opeth together if he devoted himself to it.

Ofcourse not.

Mike = Opeth
Dan = a lot of other things