Do you think you'd still like Opeth if Mike left the band?

that won't work because:

1. Dan's said before he won't do DM vox anymore because his style destroyed his vocal chords
2. He's already in so many bands how would he have time for Opeth?

Honestly it depends whether or not they were as good. So what the question should be is do you think the band could be just as good without Mikeal. I don't really know what to say.

There's examples of bands sucking without their original frontman and vice versa. If Arkerfeldt ever left no doubt the abnd would be different but as for wheather it'd be just as good, worse or (dare i say it) better? I'm not sure. Although there's any chance of anyone of those scenarios.

It's all a matter of opinion really. I'm sure there's some people who think that Mikeal's the best guiatrist and writer but doesn't have the best on stage banter or voice. Would you prefer it if Opeth's frontman had the opposite talents?

If you think he's the best "all rounder" then would you not prefer somone who was weaker at somethings but much stronger at others?

I'm not really willing to speculate as it's a relativley pointless question. If he's leaves Opeth at any point, sure there's every possibilty i'd like them (as much or more) so long as they still made fucking awesome music.

No offence Mike.

Powers said:
No offence Mike.
O rly? By the way, this is just a personal peeve of mine, but it's spelled "offense". I don't mean to sound like a jerk that points out people's imperfections, but things like "alot" or "offence" really get to my brain. It's a lot! 2 words!!!

Anyway, I wouldn't really like Opeth if Mike left. He is the center of the band, and to be honest, he is the main reason why they are where they're at right now. See, you could just find another guitarist, drummer, (No offense Lopez please don't take that the wrong way.) or bass player but the band would still sound similar, if not identical, to the original. The only thing that could really differentiate one virtuoso from another is their playing technique and how they can make notes still sound different from another guitarist even if they are the same note. (Nuance) See, Mike's vocals are unique, both the death growl and the singing, from anyone on the planet. You can't just go get another Mike. That's how instrumentalists are different from vocalists!

- WTF I hate typing long things, the Somewhat Fat Guitarist

yeah the whole alot thing pisses me off too. english major, cant really help it. and the word u might be looking for is style.

"A lot" doesn't really piss me off, so long as i know what you're typing. I try not to do it but i'm not the kind of person to go and edit a post over a pifling mistake like that.

I'm doing English Language A2. I'm not sure what the Yankee equivelant is.

So if Mike left, how in the hell would songs ever get written?

And Mike is not a "frontman" in the traditional sense. David Lee Roth was a "frontman". Mike is the head musician. He plays rhythm, lead, and sings. He can play bass. He writes the music (mostly) and the lyrics. He's not a frontman. He's THE man.

I would listen to anything that Mike was involved with. As to Opeth without Mike, it would depend on who was involved.