Covers of others' work you'd like to see Opeth do

LordHypnos said:
first of all, id like to thank you for posting this, for its the first thought provoking thread in months for me.

You're welcome. What surprised me, when I ran a search, was that this topic hadn't been done already, at least in the past year.

Rose Immortal said:
For instance, I'd love to hear Opeth cover something by Pink Floyd.

I like the Pink Floyd cover idea. I wouldn't mind hearing a cover to "Learning to Fly" or "Dogs of War". It's the newer stuff but I really like those songs as well.

RjBeals said:
ZZ Top - Cheap Sunglasses

That's hilarious for some reason but I would love to see that. Excellent choice. :D

How about a Tool cover?? Seems like some of the guys like them. Something like Aenema maybe. That can work.

Lots of good ideas in this thread. Opeth doing, say 'Red' by King Crimson would be fabulous.

Personally, I'd kill to see Opeth do 'One' by Metallica...death vocals during the 'Darkness imprisoning me' part, an audible bass player and a drummer that can actualy do the double bass part at the end? Hell yes. \m/

Neil-o-Mac said:
Personally, I'd kill to see Opeth do 'One' by Metallica...death vocals during the 'Darkness imprisoning me' part, an audible bass player and a drummer that can actualy do the double bass part at the end? Hell yes. \m/

Crematory, I think, did an excellent vesion I think you would enjoy.

Camel - Arubaluba
Death - Individual Thought Patterns
Slayer - Haunting the Chapel
Mercyful Fate - Evil
Morbid Angel - Immortal Rites (hell yeah, Shroud)
Pink Floyd - Time
Testament - Apocalyptic City
The Doors - Break on Through
The Crown - Total Satan

that was fun. they're all awesome songs, and while a few would be odd to hear opeth perform, it would rule haha.

Alright:
Entombed-Morbid Devourment
Morbid Angel- Immortal Rites, Desolate Ways
Camel-Airborn, ANother Night, Nimrodel
Cressida-Home and Where I long to Be (my favorite song from the s/t album)
Renaissance-Mother Russia, with bassier vocals by Mike (obviously wouldn't sing it like Linda)
Nektar-Desolation Valley

^ you must find it, and post it, or give us a link . . . i will gladly try to make a music video for it (im looking to up my skills with a video camera)

also, i reviewed the beatles whole catalogue, to be serious with what opeth could cover of theirs. i would die laughing if they did something like "I Saw Her Standing There" or "Can't Buy my Love" but, i actually think 2 songs they would actually sound cool doing are: "The Fool on the Hill" and "Happiness is a Warm Gun" (although the vocal at 2:21 might be hard for mike haha)