Covers that would suit Opeth

Bloodbath's Ominous Bloodvomit.

Suffocation's Liege of Inveracity.

Ya know, I notice some (if not more than some) people want Opeth to cover a certain tune and think "imagine a heavier version of that tune" when I'll bet that if they actually cover said tune, it would not be a heavier version at all. Take any of their covers, for example...:heh:

Ya know, I notice some (if not more than some) people want Opeth to cover a certain tune and think "imagine a heavier version of that tune" when I'll bet that if they actually cover said tune, it would not be a heavier version at all. Take any of their covers, for example...:heh:

Opeth's Remember Tomorrow cover is better and heavier than Iron Maiden's original.

First and foremost: Deep Purple - Child in time
Morbid Angel - Ceasars Pallace
Black Sabbath - Megalomania
Velvet Underground w. Niko - Venus in furs
Beatles - tomorrow never knows
King Crimson - I talk to the wind, 21st century schizoid man

Pantera - Cemetery gates \m/ (with growls in place of chorus :p )

A Perfect Circle - Magdalena (I think it'd be a very interesting track with mikes vocals)

pink floyd - comfortably numb.

How Could I by Cynic.

Replace the 'robot' vocals with clean singing though.

Nah, I really don't think so. Maybe originally, but Maiden's current versions (live and/or with Bruce Bruce) would be heavier than both.

Well live anything goes(Maidens studio version of hollowed is painfully slow for example). But comparing studio recordings, I prefer Opeth's.

I think Opeth's version is probably faster and more "up to date", for alck of a better term. Maybe a little heavier. But I think people expect Opeth to make a heavier version of cover tunes all the time, but they clearly don't. They try to keep true to the original, but at the same time inject the tasty Opeth flavor. Delicious!

Remember Tomorrow was actually the very first song I heard from Opeth. I must say that this and one other song (I think) were the only good Maiden covers on that compilation. Cuz a death/black metal version of a non-death/black metal song is just plain stupidity IMO. A good cover of a song is to stay true to the original, but to also put in your own flavor. That's why Opeth can cover pretty much any tune they want, and it will sound good.

Not fanboyism, but da troof!