CPU Usage????

xmortumx

Jun 17, 2008
Does anyone encounter this problem with their computer.. After leaving my computer on for to long or when im tracking my CPU usage goes high and my monitors start making popping sounds.

But sometimes im not even using plug ins or anything that requires heavy usage of CPU, but my DAW still says that my cpu is high and starts making those noises. Anyone have a clue why..

Here my specs.
Cpu: AMD Athlon 64 Dual 2.01 Ghz
4 Gigs Ram

Daw: Cubase

Does anyone encounter this problem with their computer.. After leaving my computer on for to long or when im tracking my CPU usage goes high and my monitors start making popping sounds.

But sometimes im not even using plug ins or anything that requires heavy usage of CPU, but my DAW still says that my cpu is high and starts making those noises. Anyone have a clue why..

Here my specs.
Cpu: AMD Athlon 64 Dual 2.01 Ghz
4 Gigs Ram

Daw: Cubase

Im sorry, i cant help you really.. but i had sort of the same problem once with nuendo on this brand new PC.
What it would do is work great when i played a tune, full of MIDI, VST's, synths, bla bla bla.. and it would work just fine.. but the second the tune was over, the moment you would think that the CPU would go down.. it went up all the way and stayed there for a few seconds.. including the popping noises.

However, it went away now.. and i must add that i was using a shitload of plugins.. it is really weird that when you use none, it still does that.