Cradle Of Filth live?

Bebli

Jul 4, 2004
PORTUGAL (Porto)
I'll have to go to Cradle Of Filth's gig in Porto, cause my best friend loves them and she doesn't have anyone else to go with... I can't really let her down (even though the ticket it's 25euros :yell:! It's too expensive for a shitty band!), it's her favourite band! I know how it feels... I wasn't allowed to see COB, and that's the most regretful thing in my life! I can't forgive myself for not having done anything for it.... :confused: :erk: *I'm such a stupid girl*

But, I really don't like them (in fact I hate them!), and I dunno how it's gonna be like... So, what I want to know is:
- how'r they on stage?
- do they usually do weird things live?

It's gonna be such a boring night (at least the opening band is Moonspell :headbang: - I like them, but I've seen them twice, and not for that prize)... I think it's the first concert I regret going to... I really hate those guys... They'r such fucking posers! They think they rule (and they even consider themselves Black Metal :loco: LOOOOOOOLLLL), but they'r just a bunch of stupid guys... :yuk:

i saw them in 2001 and it was fucking amazing, brilliant stage show, awesome music, awesome live sound.

If you don't like CoF, you suck

and for the record, before damnation and a day, they WERE black metal, now they're thrashy black and this "COF BASHING" shit is gay.

CoB are more Numetal than COF

Cradle is awesome. and like gavin said, cob are more nu-metal than cof. at least cof havent tuned to drop-c yet. :Smug: i think cradle of filth are a brilliant band and they were the first extreme metal band i was ever into.....along with dimmu borgir.

CoF owns CoB when it comes to making a great song. Midian album > anything by CoB.
But this is not a CoF-CoB-contest.

Cradle of Filth are a lot better than their reputation. And please spare me the "squeeling teletubby"-comments, and come up with something new :p

WELL I reckon Cruelty and the Beast is a great CD. I don't like or dislike CoF, but Bebli, you should go and see them and even if you don't like them, just enjoy the experience.

And if they're posers... they're obviously the Poser Pioneers cause as far as I know, they were making music before there was even such a thing.

It seems its become a cool thing to hate cradle these days. Basically because they are on telly, have success and arn't "true" black metal.

A lot of people dismiss them om the basis of stuff like Midian or Damnation but their early albums like Dusk And Her Embrace have some incredably well composed music on them.

Their image fits their sound too in my opinion. Its obviously very gothic music and I think their outfits add to the overall atmoshphere and feeling of the music.

Just give them a fair listen and you may infact find something you like.

Dusk and her embrace was awesome, when i figured out all of Funeral in Carpathia I played it on my guitar non stop. I love COF, Cruelty and the beast is my fav. Its hard to find their old stuff in AMerica or at least where Im at. They were my first blackmetal In highschool and I continue to buy their albums. I like COB too and Hatebreeder was my first album of theirs in the summer before my junior year.

The band and their show might be ok (although not my cup of tea) but the fans I saw in Milwaukee were RETARD ASSHOLES. I couldn't take it anymore just left after the first song. Had to wake up early the next day. I was there for Arch Enemy, actually.