Discussion on Cradle of Filth

Status
Not open for further replies.

wickedguitarplayer

Fucked up Fuck up
Sep 22, 2004
Kinnear
I would like to talk about Cradle of Filth. I think that they are a really cool band they are my favorite. I just like how Dani Filth writes his lyrics... they are deep and demented at the same time but really good. His screams *as he calls them Lycanthropy Immortal Screams* are one of a kind. How he is able to go from a very high pitched scream to a very low pitches scream. He also says that in some songs.. like there early albums exm. Dusk and her Embrace....that he has to change his vocal tract..... because his scream is different in the early album dusk and her embrace... he puts his vocals to the test and i love it. also the piano/orchistra he puts into his songs and also Sarah.. the back up Vocals *opera singer* she can sing and i think that is what makes cradle of filth so different and cool. Without there medeloc singing and piano parts it just wouldnt be cradle of filth. There new album *Nympetimine* is comming out Sept 28th, i went and bought there promo for it.. with 6 songs from the cd..... Gilded Cunt and Gabrielle are aswome. Also they put there song Nympetimine on they recent soundtrack from Resident Evil 2. I went and bought that album just for that song. And from the soundof it.... Cradle of Filth will out do them selves agian. It is more medelloc and more aswome riffs. A lot of people dont like Cradle of Filth, but i love them. Dani Filth Is fucking aswome.. there music is addicting. and you know whats fun?! get high and listen to COF's Midain..... lol i about shit myself lol. Well im hoping that a lot of people like Cradle of Filth. But i would like to hear your opinion and talk about them.

Metal is the SOUL!

i know this guy is gonna get alot of shit, per usual. but seriously, CoF get alot of undeserved shit. they arent black metal, but they still have a good vibe and they have some well written songs
~gR~

genocide roach said:
i know this guy is gonna get alot of shit, per usual. but seriously, CoF get alot of undeserved shit. they arent black metal, but they still have a good vibe and they have some well written songs
~gR~

Its ok if i get a lot of shit. i am just curious about what other people think about COF other then me. I guess people just like.. different things? lol well keep them comming im intrested.... * please dont make me look bad lol :erk:

Here's a summary of the replies you would DEFINITELY have got, over and over, and over, and over again:
"Cradle of Filth suck, they're sellouts and their gay"
"You just hate them coz theyre popular man, you trendhopper"
"Actually, although that's true in some cases, most of us just hate them because their music is very pop-based and is cheesy/devoid of atmosphere, etc etc"

It becomes a flamewar quite quickly, plus we have these discussions every other week, so you'll appreciate that this one is being closed under the category 'redundancy' if nothing else.

If you want to see what bands people do like here, check out the "Talk About Music You Like" thread that's bound to be on the first page somewhere, or just search for recommendations threads.

You might also want to see this thread, seeing as your thread would've developed similarly: http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=164498&page=1&pp=25&highlight=Dimmu+Borgir

Status
Not open for further replies.