Best Cradle of filth album

Dani used to write epic amounts of somewhat interesting poetry, now the darkness has seem to faded in recent writings, but I heard they want to write another album like Dusk era.
For better Dusk and her Embrace was a dark album, its when they were attempting to be real evil and black metal, the album starts out with the sounds of the church burning. Cruelty and the Beast is an epic tribute to Elizabeth Bathory, a concept album about her life with a books worth of lyrics, an epic melodic album... Id say get these.

first four COF albums are good... best is probably Dusk or maybe Cruelty... avoid everything after Midian... ugh!

Ignore the peons, there's a whole lot of great Maiden influenced BM-lite to be had from the CoF back cataclogue.

I would say that as a relative n00b to their music, you should probably start with Cruelty and The Beast, before moving to Vempire and then Midian.

However, I would rank their best three albums thus:

(in ascending order)
3) Damnation and a Day (excellent concept album; much over looked)
2) Cruelty and the Beast (Maiden with a Squirrel on helium presiding)
1) Principle of Evil Made Flesh (Melodic Death Metal with waz key-boards)

THat being said most of their albums can be enjoyed, but as a word of warning I found both Nymphetamine and Thornography to be quite poor.

hat being said most of their albums can be enjoyed, but as a word of warning I found both Nymphetamine and Thornography to be quite poor.

Well, of their last 4-5 legitimate studio albums Nymphetamine was the only one I liked. Witness the power of different taste, OMG. I guess D&aD had a few good tracks however, come to think of it.

Midian is about as good as it gets. I'm surprised so many people here hate it.
Check out "Chthulu Dawn", "Saffron's Curse" and "Her Ghost In The Fog" for what I think are better examples of their work. If you don't like any of those three songs... probably best off giving CoF a miss.

Vempire, Midian and Cruelty and the Beast are awesome albums. Check em out. Ignore the same old users posting the same old negative shit all the time. Give the albums a listen and make your own mind up.