Cradle Of Filth

SomeoneWild said:
I used to like COF when I was like 12 years old.
And how many words of the lyrics did you understand? :p

mooDoom said:

That should clear things up a bit on how the band sees itself. They do not consider themselves BM, at least not by "elitists" standards. Good thinking by Dani there!
You couldn't fit them into the singular category of Black Metal anyway.

Good to see you back Lady_Laiho. (At least it is for me anyway...)

cockknocker1ll.jpg

For everyone who does like Cradle and has got better things to do that pointlessly spam this thread:

What are your favourite songs?
Mine are:
POEMF - Summer Dying Fast
DAHE - Dusk And Her Embrace
CATB - Lustmord And Wargasm. although i cant choose between that Cuelty Brought Thee Orchids and Beneath The Howling Stars
Midian - Lord Abortion
Nymphetamine - Swansong For A Raven or Absinthe With Faust
Thornography - Feotus Of A New Day Kicking (At the moment)

On the Nymphetamine album, they had more gothic influences. It wasn't that much black metal anymore but in previous albums i consider them to be black metal. They're just a differnt kind of black metal. They stand apart from the genre and mabe they're in a genre of their own. Musically, they have all the black metal elements. And lyrically, they don't talk about the Satanism stuff cuz they don't believe in the Nordic roots cuz they're not from Norway.

I can't choose which COF songs are better. It's wayyyyyy toooooo hard esp. on the Midian album becuz each song seems to be apart of a bigger theme. I like every single one of their songs very much and all their cover versions are perfect. Hallowed Be THY Name was the best. The solo was really good. The song made you feel as if i was in the witchcraft era. I could imagine each part being sung. The part when they're in the cell regreting what they did all the way to the part where they probably got burned on a cross. But if i had to choose , these are my faves:
Principles-The Forest Whispers My Name
Vempire- Summer Dying Fast
Dusk- Malice Through the Looking Glass
Cruelty- Beneath the Howling Stars or Desire In Violent Overture or Lustmord And Wargasm
Midian-can't choose
Bitter Suites-Suicide and other comforts
Damnation- can't choose
Nymphetamine- Filthy Little Secret
Special Edition- Devil Woman, Betial Lust, and Soft White Throat

ANyone seen the COF movie? I'm dying to see Dani for 2 hours straight in a movie. I heard he was a very good actor.

Kayos: LOL, Whenever i read the Cradle of Filth lyrics, i don't understand most of those words either. To know what the songs are about, i have to look up A LOT of words.

I like just about every song off the Nymphetamine album.I dont have any other albums by them except Midian and I havent really listened to it.

Lady_Laiho said:
On the Nymphetamine album, they had more gothic influences. It wasn't that much black metal anymore but in previous albums i consider them to be black metal. They're just a differnt kind of black metal. They stand apart from the genre and mabe they're in a genre of their own. Musically, they have all the black metal elements. And lyrically, they don't talk about the Satanism stuff cuz they don't believe in the Nordic roots cuz they're not from Norway.

I can't choose which COF songs are better. It's wayyyyyy toooooo hard esp. on the Midian album becuz each song seems to be apart of a bigger theme. I like every single one of their songs very much and all their cover versions are perfect. Hallowed Be THY Name was the best. The solo was really good. The song made you feel as if i was in the witchcraft era. I could imagine each part being sung. The part when they're in the cell regreting what they did all the way to the part where they probably got burned on a cross.

ANyone seen the COF movie? I'm dying to see Dani for 2 hours straight in a movie. I heard he was a very good actor.

Kayos: LOL, Whenever i read the Cradle of Filth lyrics, i don't understand most of those words either. To know what the songs are about, i have to look up A LOT of words.

*sigh* I agree with that Draznog guy...

On other news, I think my fave song of CoF is "her ghost in the fog"...probably because it was the first song I've heard from them, and I still like it.
I've just heard their "Temptation"-cover a couple of times...I'm still lmao about it, but I've got to admit that is has grown on me a bit...although I'm seriously asking myself WHAT they were thinking and who this dirty harry woman is...:confused: