CRADLE OF FILTH

Where She Wept said:
Andy, You seem to be the only one who can make them sound ok. I've seen a couple live and i'm still un-impressed

Where She Wept, I agree. I tried the Revolution and Krankenstein a couple of times each over a 2 week period (eg.; fresh ears) with a variety of Cabs (Krank Rev, Mesa Trad Rect, Line6, Laney.) in 2 different stores (at quite loud volumes for a store test)and each time was unimpressed with the Krankenstein. It had a thinner and much buzzier (is that a word) sound than the Revolution. After all the hype, I was sure the Krankenstein was going to be the one I bought, but it wasn't. I went with the Rev and Mesa cab.

I understand that I am just a hobbyist/hack and not a Pro Musician or producer but I don't get it. All the bands seem to be changing to the Krankenstein from the Revo and Andy seems to be using it for a heap of releases so there is obviously a reason for that and I am very curious to know a Pro's opinion of the benefits of the 'stein over the Rev. Andy's work on Arch Enemy's DVD is AMAZING, so there is some proof, but that sounds quite different than a Live 'stein to my n00b ears. The Manchester Academy songs on the Arch Enemy DVD sound much closer to a Live sound that I have heard from a Krankenstein.

I think Andy is some kind of wizard:lol: .

DISCLAIMER: Sorry to satisfied Krankenstein owners, I do not mean to bag your amp, I was just disappointed that I didn't like it. I really wanted to, I tried, it's just that the Rev sounded better to my ears. I do feel that I am definitley missing out on something though given the vast majority of 'stein users. I just wish I knew what it was.:headbang:

yea i saw a local band acouple months ago with a krank and it sounded like crap..i dont get it either..andy's krank recordings sound amazing

Krank's stock tubes really aren't the best - there's a lot that can be fine-tuned and improved with the right tubes. How many stock Mesa's sound good right off the bat?

I bet Andy can get killer tone even out of my smelly farts....
Andy is the man! he always had/has killer tones!
I think is due to the man himself.
Never tried a Krankenstein but I have to say: push those amps to the top, maybe it will sound good.
I heard a lot people that can't get a decent tone out of a 5150 just because they play it in a local store with post gain on 2 (2 for a store is too much I think), so they're bitching my favorite amp while they didn't really have a good test on the amp.

Andy Sneap said:
actually I swapped out my boogie tubes, low mid in there that was awful.
+1. Re-tubing my Dual Rec was the best thing that ever happened to that head. Did you swap out the Krank tubes or where they just stock?