CRADLE OF FILTH

I know, I'm a bastard for DLing it - but Godspeed's production turned out really well. I'll have to spin a few more times to dig deeper - but first impressions are great. :headbang:

one question.....am i the only one who thinks that the kick sounds pretty bad on that record? and aside from it sounding quite fake (imho), i also think it's way too loud overall.
snare also sounds very sampled, although not as bad as the kick...

however....the guitars sound f'n great imho....and i remember another thread where it said that there only was some minor EQ going on, otherwise they're dry as fuck. very cool if you ask me....
vocals sound great, too, although i'd bet that a lot of it comes from having dani filth behind the mic...even though he's getting bashed like there's no tomorrow, that guy has some serious pipes...imho :D

didn't see it, sorry...

on the other hand, i thought all andy-cradle related discussion was supposed to be in this thread...no need for another one me thinks...

but to refer to my original post, i'm not even saying the kick sounds extremely bad or whatever...it's mainly the fact that it's way too fucking loud in the mix.
plus it sounds fake.

but, reading through that thread....who am i to decide however i feel about the album

Just bought Godspeed and it's really cool. Haven't decided if I like the songs yet, but the production is amazing. Any information? Guitar and snare specifically.
:headbang:

I agree 100%, inward vocals are fucking terrible.

*Kage Snoring*

[Jack] Oh, my god. I've done it. Kage, come here I want you!

[Kage]What?! What?! God! I was sleeping dude! What are you talkin about?

[Jack] Oh, my god...

[Kage] What?

[Jack] I did it.

[Kage] What'd You Do?

[Jack] I've done it.. I fuckin did it.

[Kage] What?

[Jack] The most powerful tool in singing technology since yodeling, dude. Oh, my god, inward singing!

[Kage] What?

[Jack] Check it out. It's an invention and it makes non-stop rocking possible. Think about it, man! Rock singers are only rockin you half the time, the other time they're... they're... they're... they're... breathing in but not any more baby! HAHAHA... not with inward singing. Check it out...

*Jack breathing*

[Singing] And then I start some lyrics and you
[Inward Singing] Can't believe I'm singing
[Singing] And I'm never fucking stopping and I'm
[Inward Singing] Always fucking singing
[Singing] Now you know that I will never
[Inward Singing] Stop the fucking singing
[Singing] I'm like a fucking one man band, I'm like a fucking one man
[Inward Singing] Band!

[Jack]And I can sing like that all fuckin night...

[Kage] Wow... it wasn't really non-stop though. There was a slight...

[Jack]AHH shut up! It is non stop and theother thing is that when I'm fucking singing in it sounds even BETTER than when I'm singing out!
Shut up! Fuck you! You fuckin dick! Always ney saying everything I create! You piece of shit, you create something like inward singing! You fucking shit you fucking sit in your tower...

*Kage Laughing*

[Jack]...and fucking nap... what's funny? You fucking bitch!

*Kage Continues To Laugh*

[Jack]Fuckin, fuck yeah, fuckin... cockass! [long pause] You're fired from the band.

[Kage] Umm, that won't be necessary, Jack.
[Jack] Why?
[Kage] Well, I'm quitting.
[Jack] What?
[Kage] I quit.

Album sounds freaking awesome. I really dig the snare. My only complaint would be about the orchestral sections. I think having a real chamber ensemble play the parts for them would be so awesome.

I remember they used a choir for Damnation and a Day and it kicked so much ass. Did they use a real choir this time around?

I really should get this album.. It's the only one I don't have... I even have "Principles"...

Hey how is the newest album? I've been meaning to pick it up...

-p

Musically better than the new Dimmu album thats for sure.

Sounds like Cradle have retained alot of the sound (musically and production) from ''Godspeed on the Devil's Thunder''

The actual songs are better, catchy.

The mix is amense, not sure how much Andy played a part in this though.

Its on Spotify dude! check it out :popcorn:

or buy the Digi CD the artwork and booklet + 2nd CD are worth the £££ alone.