CRADLE OF FILTH

I had a really good change in tone with a whole kit from Eurotubes.com. 6L6GC, ECC83S (hi-gain) and the GZ34 retcifier replacement. Overall just tightened up the low-end, gave a bit more gain/sustain and cleaned up some harshness. Really recommend them.

Were the vox SM7?

I know it's probably got a bit to do with Dani and all, but I'm really impressed with the detail and clarity of the vox on this record even though they're not super up front.

The guitars and drums have a ton of space as a result. And the result is awesome.

About the kick drum on this album..
It's starting to get me..it's got a lot of body to it..
Was it sampled?
If yes:
A. Out of your own libary?
B. Out of drummodule?
If yes:
What module?

Haha :) you allready share so many tricks and treat us with nice samples...but I just had to ask for this...:)

A couple times on track 6 (ie around 3:00) there are some killer vox. Sounds like 2 vox tracks, one with a flanger maybe... Anyway, what are the vocal effects that you are using on that part?

Edit: BTW this record gets better and better with each listen

Ok this question has been asked a thousand times before but ive never been given a decent answer to this...

How does Dani sing/scream so high in the Dusk And Her Embrace album ?

Ive seen Cof live way back 97-99 and even recently. Never has Dani pulled of this technique live not with the same accuracy or pitch in this album anyways.

Is there some sort of vocal editing going on here maybe a pitch shifter ?
I can't see how its humanly possible to hit screams that high with that tone.
I believe the pitch is possible but the tone behind the screams doesnt sound natural even when he scream live its no where near this intense or high..

So any answers on this, the reason I want to know.. Im in a blackmetal band myself www.myspce.com/cnocantursa I can scream pritty high but not in the way Dani does in Dusk And Her Embrace can anyone give me any advice on how this was/can be done.

thanks you.

An old Alesis midiverb on hall reverb 3.5secs with 75% feedback but ride the reverb channel only on the screams....the reverb then feeds itself back during the scream....thats what I did during the Midian tour on monitors.

I know this much, Dani doesnt inward scream.
and I wouldnt recommend it do anyone it can seriously dammage your vocal chords,
saying that Peter from Hypocrisy inward screams but he's the man !

thanks for the tip and info with the reverb ill be giving this technique a try thanks.

Perhaps you're right, but it's the only way for me to explain and demonstrate it.

most if not all pig squeels are inward.

Perhaps you're right, but it's the only way for me to explain and demonstrate it.

most if not all pig squeels are inward.

I pig squeal outward,so does JFAC. you can tell, because the inward squeals usually go up in pitch, but outward stay pretty much the same pitch.

yeah, i guessed that the jfac vocalist does it outward. I'm mainly referring to that abundance of deathcore bands on myspace.

I think that if you can't do it outward, then don't bother. It sounds retarded sucking in.

I'm pretty sure Andy wasn't saying he would actually send bands the un fixed tracks. Just saying he would be reluctant to release seperated tracks. Anyway, it sounds like they'll be in this weird format.

http://www.u-myx.com/