Crazy Band Ideas

Vimana

Mar 2, 2007
I remembered the thread in GMD. I always thought it would be cool to mix Prog Rock with Rap. I'm sure its already been done. So what crazy ideas do you have?

I like to (attempt to) make industrial with Fl Studio. I also really like some of the darker, techstep drum 'n' bass (see: Black Sun Empire), and death metal shares a room in my heart with black metal. I'd love to hear a mix of all of those genres. I think it'd sound pretty motherfucking evil.

I play banjo and mandolin in addition to guitar as well. There's a song by Cult of Luna called 'And With Her Came the Birds' that incorporates banjo, and they're a metal band. It's an atmospheric fucking song and I'd love to hear that idea developed more.

One song is completely recorded in just one take and that's 'And With Her Came The Birds'. We recorded it in the middle of the night. It was pitch black outside, we shut off all the lights inside the cottage where we recorded, and played it with pure emotion. It was quite a stimulating area where we recorded the album. It was in the fall, in the middle of the woods by a river. It has beautiful scenery. The cottage where we recorded gave that old feeling. It all has a certain 'Blair Witch' feeling with it. We used this cottage for the pre-production of 'Salvation', so that's why we knew this place. Some band members even lived in that cottage during the weeks of recordings.

(from: http://www.lordsofmetal.nl/showinterview.php?id=1357&lang=en)

Looking forward to listening to it when I get home. Has anyone ever mixed Arabian music with Jazz? I think that would make a cool mix.

No. But by their name they sound like they are influenced by Indian music.

Hardly very crazy, but I'd like to combine power metal with techno, especially those "omph"-kicks. And why not make it ultraprogressive too.

I apply many of my crazy musical ideas to my FL Studio experiments. I try to mix a bazillion of genres but only my more conventional compositions are endurable in the slightest. Yet.

Well sorry for thinking that having an Indian deity in their name that they were primarily influenced by Indian music.

Its not that stupid of an assumption if they are called Mahavishnu Orchestra. But w/e. I'll check them out.