Crazy Band Ideas

Lol, I remember thinking what it would sound like if someone made a band where they sang about Harry Potter, and how shit it would probably sound.

A band that has vocals and guitars that are heavy like Mortician, but sang about beauty products and hair care.

Oh...wait...

Lol, I remember thinking what it would sound like if someone made a band where they sang about Harry Potter, and how shit it would probably sound.

Exists. Harry and the Potters, Draco And The Malfoys, etc...surprising number of "Wizard Rock" bands that do stuff entirely about Harry Potter. Not metal at all, though. Really, really sucks.

Not at all crazy, but where are all the Beowulf-themed bands? Such obvious fodder for metal songs, but I have not a found a single band that has bothered taking inspiration from it apart from a name.

Just because thier making a movie to shit all over the ppoem doesn't make it a good idea.

I've been recently thinking about a metal band with a strong Zydeco influence. It's blowing my mind.

Just because thier making a movie to shit all over the ppoem doesn't make it a good idea.

Fuck the movie, it's probably going to suck. However, an epic death or black metal band with these lyrical themes might sound good if done right. At least you don't have the horny Hollywood filmmakers mucking it up with a semi-nude Angelina Jolie and a horrible bastardization of the storyline.

DIE IN A FUCKING FIRE!
Cease The Thread Necromancy!

Especially since an almost identical thread was just bumped.

id like to see a band play jazz tunes using detuned guitars and gutteral growls lol

that's what we do play with Ad Lux Tenebrae band lately. in addition, it is pure improvisation on different instruments, some of which are custom made of old broken violins and remains of broken brass. considering my absolutely mad vocal - mix of Diamanda Galas style and growl, that sounds more than unusual. alas, for a while all ppl open their eyes wide and say "YOU ARE CRAZY!". nobody needs such music :) though, I hope sooner or later we get that recorded, somehow. if I get records I will put them online, we don't make money on this - this is pure pleasure and we value the process of playing itself. it's a kind of musical mass, perhaps, I can't describe it better :)
ideally I would like to see a band that plays a mix of death metal and free jazz or nu jazz (not nu metal, though, hahaha).
I spent many years looking for ppl that are capable to play that. well I have a bunch of crazy lads to share my madness. we have really great fun improvising, and I also work on my own songs for bass and vocal, hoping one fine day I get them fully arranged.