Creating Trigger .tci files

fade_2_black

Apr 11, 2006
www.keirlefoh.com
Before tracking, I sampled a really nice kit pretty thoroughly and am now looking at making .tci files to use with for the mixing sessions.

Should I be trying to get everything 100% phase alligned? I'll be making the .tci files for each individual mic as well as a couple of processed ones, however, obviously there is very slight phasing and delay caused by mic positions, etc. What would you guys do about this? Just trying it out now, I had a listen to some kick samples with a SM91 and B52, with the 52 obviously ever so slightly behind. I aligned the two tracks completely and to be honest, prefer the sound of them how there were originally with slight phasing. Thoughts?

Unfortunately the answer is: It depends.

Sometimes I like the sound of the spot mic's time aligned with the overhead mic's, sometimes the phase differences can work in a nice way and make it sound nicer when they're not aligned.

Basically, there is no right and wrong here. Go with what sounds best.

Yeah.. Thought that would be the answer. Bummer, haha. Am just gonna line all that shit up to make for easier replacement, etc. Can phase shift later on. Chur! May be posting samples sometime soon..