Criminals dumping weak dollar for Euro, Canada blamed

The reason I think 18 is a stupid age is because people go to college and are away from parents. That is a bad time to let someone get their hands on a potentially harmful substance. Especially when they spent years waiting until they could finally get it. I think we're better off with no drinking age at all.
It was 18 at one point... before you were born most likely... and imo drunk driving, alcoholism etc. were the same then as they are now...raising the age didn't change anything... and anyways the reason a "kid" would drink or try something is because it's a taboo... take that tabooism away and they are less likely to do it... it's rebellion because they are told they can't have it because it's illegal...

You're right. It's a good thing no one in college drinks before they are 21.
Yah, no one under 21 drinks on a college campus... :rolleyes: :lol:

One argument I heard favoring the 18 argument is that it allows education programs to teach high schoolers and college students about responsible drinking, which they cannot do since it would be against the 21 law.

It was 18 at one point... before you were born most likely... and imo drunk driving, alcoholism etc. were the same then as they are now...raising the age didn't change anything... and anyways the reason a "kid" would drink or try something is because it's a taboo... take that tabooism away and they are less likely to do it... it's rebellion because they are told they can't have it because it's illegal...
Apparently drunk driving deaths have gone down by about 1000 per year since the drinking age was raised. It's still unclear whether this is due to the raised age or some other factor though. It never seemed an obstacle for those in my high school who wanted to drink to get alcohol and clearly it is not an obstacle in college.

Yah, no one under 21 drinks on a college campus... :rolleyes: :lol:
I'm pretty sure you realized this but just in case, it was sarcasm :cool:

The primary reason the rate of drunk driving deaths is lower is because of better education about it, both through schools and the media. Knowing about the lethality of drunk driving won't discourage you from drinking, only from driving drunk.