CRONIAN(ex- ION) press-release

Jun 19, 2002
www.borknagar.com
CRONIAN
(ex- ION)

Press- release 22.07.05

ION changing name

Based on evaluation of the musical direction of ION, we have decided to change the name of our duo to CRONIAN. We simply feel that this name, to a larger extent, reflects the general artistic approach of the band. Beside, the fact that there is another band rising with the name ION made our choice rather simple and inevitable. Therefore, we will from this day on officially use CRONIAN as the spearhead of our musical brotherhood.

The Cronian brotherhood

Øystein G. Brun- guitars and programming
Vintersorg- vocals and programming

Upcoming album

The recording of our debut album are in process and we intend to finish the album by the end of the year. What remains to be done is to settle the vocals, add some guitar melodies and obviously to do the mixing. The album will contain 9 songs of atmospheric, eerie and catchy music. Beware!

Label

We are now in the final round of settling a deal with CENTURY MEDIA RECORDS. An official announcement will be issued soon…

CRONIAN interactive

In regards to a future release we are interested to get in contact with up and coming graphic/visual artists. In the first place we are looking for a CRONIAN- logo. For those interested, feel free to send us an idea, a draft or whatever. We cannot promise anything to anyone, but everybody will get a response. Feel free to contact us: cronian@gmail.com

Further updates will follow soon!

On the behalf of the CRONIAN expedition,

Øystein G. Brun

This will be another interesting project to follow, could you enlighten us just a tiny bit more about the musical genre? Atmospheric, eerie, catchy, could be anything... When I know a bit more, I'll start drawing some logo-thingie. Or at least, make an attempt, hehe. :)

I was wondering what you guys would do when Duncan Patterson announced his new band ION. This sounds really interesting. I can't wait to hear it.

Hmm...music is always difficult to describe in words. First off, I would say that if you like Bork/Vinter you may also like CRONIAN. But in spit of those referances, CRONIAN has it's very own and unique musical identity. A very special vibe so to speak- the reason why we do it...obviously...
Secondary, the music is very visual. I have always been a huge fan of movie scores/soundtracks, so during the prosess of writing the album I had this in the back of my head along the line. What more can I say....maybe mr. V have something to add?

Øystein G. Brun said:
Hmm...music is always difficult to describe in words. First off, I would say that if you like Bork/Vinter you may also like CRONIAN. But in spit of those referances, CRONIAN has it's very own and unique musical identity. A very special vibe so to speak- the reason why we do it...obviously...
Secondary, the music is very visual. I have always been a huge fan of movie scores/soundtracks, so during the prosess of writing the album I had this in the back of my head along the line. What more can I say....maybe mr. V have something to add?
I think I get the main idea behind it, thanks! Perhaps I should try making a bit of a theatrical logo, to fit the whole soundtrack-idea. I'll have a look, I'll try not to make it look too much like the Vinter/Bork logo's.

Wish me luch. o_O

This is great!

I love Mr V's artistic approach to his music, and hearing him merge into Borknagar has been really interesting as well given how amazing Mr Brun's music is.

I can't wait for this, it should be awesome!

Øystein G. Brun said:
What remains to be done is to settle the vocals, add some guitar melodies and obviously to do the mixing.
But hopefully there will be at least one good instrumental.