Crue Fest 2

distortlyfe

New Metal Member
Jul 10, 2008
anyone heading out to crue fest 2? dr. feelgood was my fav. album, so i'm looking forward to seeing that. i might get my tix thru drowningpool.com though cause they're offering vip tix and i would love to get backstage at crue fest!!

anyone ever done that kind of stuff before?

Good question. I'm a die hard fan but I have found it hard to dish out any money for this particular tour and I have been seeing Motley year in year out since Dr. Feelgood... Cruefest 2 is simply not as atrractive to me as the previous tour. The only band that I'd like to see is Charm City Devils and they are the openers...As side from that I'd like to see Motley simply to see what kind of show they put on. I saw them nearly perform the Feelgood album when I saw them on the Feelgood Tour. They did all the track with the exception of "Time For Change" which is one of the wrst fucking things Motley has ever done. I'll go if I can score free tickets from the people at 10th Street. I did hear last week in an interview on Eddie Trunk's XM show that Loaded would be opening for Motley in Europe and hoped to be added to the U.S. summer tour...That's interesting....

Why doesn't Motley Crue tour with bands that sound like Motley Crue? Skid Row? Ratt? Something other than Drowning Pool?

I agree. They are trying to get away from that I guess...
I'd love to see them do something with Scorpions and Tesla again...
That would be the shit man... Check out Charm City Devils they are good also check out The Last Vegas so far they have the rock album of the year as far as I'm concerened....

I just checked out charm city and they are sweet, thanks for the heads up, i had just dismissed them. I think the crue is just trying to get into a new market or reach out to a different generation moreso w/ the fest.

it may work.. band's like aerosmith and metallica put out guitar hero versions to get a younger audience. the crue is going an interesting way with these bands, but they are solid. i caught theory of a dead man/drowning pool at rock the ink in providence last year, they were great. maybe it will help bring those guys more exposure as well.