Cryptopsy- Pre Whisper or Post?

speed

Nov 19, 2001
Visit site
DO you like or dislike the musical direction of cryptopsy that started with whisper supremacy? And if at all possible, can the focus not be only on Lord Worm, but the musical changes instead.

Pre, by far. The groove and riffs are so much better on "Blasphemy Made Flesh" and also on "None So Vile". The über-technicality on the last two studio efforts takes away something from the songs. I'm more a fan of groove than technical instrument masturbation. And DiSalvio really sucked.

Well, Lord Worm is infinitely greater than Mike Disalvo anyway. Disalvo's vocals were unique sounding in death metal (like Lord Worm's) but for that they still a) sucked and were b) completely out of place.

Musically, I like both periods equally. They've still got the riffs holding everything together.

I actually think Disalvio's vocals are some of the most interesting and depraved in all of Death Metal, I liked Lod Worm too though.

I was more interested in the fact that the guitar section seemed to get much better after Whisper.

I like None So Vile but I like the new shit more. And Then You'll Beg being the best one and I think they will top themselves on this new one.

I'm a big fan of Worm's lyrics but I don't understand how anyone can prefer his vocal style, particularly on Cryptopsy's powerhouse brand of metal.
He's like a hunched over necrophiliac, mincing around an autopsy table while Disalvio sounds like a fucking bear.
With that said, Worm's screams are incredible.

Im curious to see how well they would mix the extremely tech music they play nowadays with the growls of Lord Worm

btw I love all Cryptopsy albums

Oceanic Motion said:
DiSalvo >>>>>>>> Lord Worm

Whisper Supremacy >>>>>>>> None So Vile
speed said:
actually think Disalvio's vocals are some of the most interesting and depraved in all of Death Metal, I liked Lod Worm too though.

I was more interested in the fact that the guitar section seemed to get much better after Whisper.
My thoughts exactly.

Oceanic Motion said:
DiSalvo >>>>>>>> Lord Worm

Whisper Supremacy >>>>>>>> None So Vile
Ha

DiSalvo made everything he was on unlistenably for me and I liked their actually death metal stuff that had groove and good vocals, their new stuff stinks......so Pre-Whisper gets my vote