Cubase 5 - Can't save session templates

Ermz

¯\(°_o)/¯
Apr 5, 2002
Melbourne, Australia
www.myspace.com
Hey guys,

For some reason every time I attempt to save a session template in Cubase 5 it never works. The Save Template dialog comes up, I type a name, hit 'Ok' and the window just stays up. If by chance I try to make a 'New folder' Cubase gets the instability dialog, and tells me I should restart.

Is there something I'm missing here? A secret, 'proper' way of saving session templates?

Thanks.

I'll try it tomorrow to see if it works at my Version...

The preset thing is an overall C5 prob, I think. My problem is to save plugin presets, I have to go with channel presets to get this shit to work.
Pretty circular.

I try it and search for another way, cause I also need templates soon...

^ I have and it hasn't seemed to help. I can't get track presets, plugins presets or templates to save for me, and I've updated to 5.1.1

If you aren't on Windows 7, try trashing your preference file and see if that remedies the problem. For most people it does. It didn't work for me, but I'm attributing it to using Windows 7 64 bit.

For me, my workaround has just been to save channel settings off the mixer window and use those for my "track presets". As template, I just save a blank .cpr file and move it to whatever folder I need and redirect the audio to be stored in that folder.

I'm on XP, yet, and I have also the Preset problem.
tomorrow I'll try the template thing.

Another workaround is the track export option(I'm sure you all now).
Delete the audio from the tracks, and export FX; Groups; and Audio Tracks.
Load the files in that order in a new project.

Are you using the 32 or 64 bit version of Cubase? I have both installed on my Windows 7 drive, and I have to say I prefer the 32 bit version for most purposes.

I'm running Windows 7 64-bit, but the 32-bit version of Cubase. Latest version to my knowledge. I have absolutely no idea why I can't save them.

Is there a special, unconventional procedure I might be missing? The earlier versions of Cubase I used were quite capable of saving templates without issue.

I'm running Windows 7 64-bit, but the 32-bit version of Cubase. Latest version to my knowledge. I have absolutely no idea why I can't save them.

Is there a special, unconventional procedure I might be missing? The earlier versions of Cubase I used were quite capable of saving templates without issue.

this is the same setup I use...Did you try trashing your preferences?

It didn't work for me, so I would be curious if it would for you.

Also, any Cubase plugins generally give me trouble with their presets. If I open up a session and insert, say, REVerence, I can look at the presets and load one up...But after that initial time, any time I try to view the presets, nothing shows up. I can rescan mediabay, and they show up again. But, just like before, they only show on the initial attempt to view the preset list...Anytime after that, I see nothing in the preset window...Rescan MediaBay, there they are...Also, my plugin presets won't show, but I can see them in Mediabay.

Somewhat frustrating, as I'd like to try some of plugins a bit more. But all my "go to" plugins all work fine, so I haven't really raised too much of a fuss.

Also, any Cubase plugins generally give me trouble with their presets. If I open up a session and insert, say, REVerence, I can look at the presets and load one up...But after that initial time, any time I try to view the presets, nothing shows up. I can rescan mediabay, and they show up again. But, just like before, they only show on the initial attempt to view the preset list...Anytime after that, I see nothing in the preset window...Rescan MediaBay, there they are...Also, my plugin presets won't show, but I can see them in Mediabay.

Somewhat frustrating, as I'd like to try some of plugins a bit more. But all my "go to" plugins all work fine, so I haven't really raised too much of a fuss.

Similar by me.
But they show up all the time, and I can load them in the plugins but they don't work... Strange...
Of course updatet that C5.
€dit: that include also my own presets. Not just the Steinberg presetz.

nwright, how would I go about trashing preferences?

kev, could you elaborate by any chance?

Thanks guys.

I don't have my Windows 7 computer with me at the moment, but you have to have "show hidden files and folders" enabled.

Then go to your C drive>User>your computer name>AppData>Local>Roaming

Find the Cubase folder and remove it. I'd move it to the desktop or something if you don't want to get rid of it just yet. Restart Cubase and check it.

Also, if you have/had any previous versions of Cubase or other Steinberg products (Nuendo for example), you may see folders in the same location for those...Remove those, too.

I have two Cubase 5 systems myself running on XP and Vista and three friends who all run it on XP, and one of them have got this exact issue. Even installed his particular copy on my XP system and it worked perfectly there so it's some kind of specific system thing for some people I guess..?

Thanks nwright, I'll give it a shot. Hope I don't have to remap all the shortcut keys to ProTools commands all over again...

That's pretty interesting Plec. It seems like one of those issues. I did have an older version of Nuendo running prior to this, so there may be some conflict or other. Hopefully trashing prefs helps.