Cubase Plugins Folders

smy1

Apr 8, 2006
Hamburg, Germany
www.faderhead.com
Hi guys,

this is about Cubase SX3.

I always thought it'd be possible to simply create a folder in my steinberg/vstplugins folder and copy the plugin .dll files into that so I can sort my plugins into categories (compressors, EQs, etc.) ...

For some reason that doesn't seem to work with plugins inside the Waves Shell. I am pretty annoyed by having to browse thru so many plugin-lists till I come up at the Waves SSL bundle, but simply copying all the .dll files doesn't work.

I also tried updating the plugin-list in the appropriate menu/function.

Anyone know how to do it ...???

I'm in the same boat. I have so many plug-ins just laying in the folder and it's just a mess. I'd like to group all the voxengo plugs into a folder but when I do, it never shows up in cubase.

:(

I don't know about waves, but if you create a folder for say, Voxengo in your vst plugins folder before you install, and then tell it to install to that folder, it should work just fine.

You can use shell2vst utility to make separate plugin dlls out of shell: http://www.xlutop.com/buzz/zip/shell2vst.zip.
Instructions inside.
Better to use for shells inside ...\Waves\WaveShells and then copy resulting plugins into VSTPlugins folder. Shells inside VSTPlugins must be removed.
... stands for C:\Program Files or just installation path for Waves. For PC only. After that operation you can freely move your dlls as far as original shells exist in WaveShells folder.

ps. Shells can be placed in any VSTPlugins folder - just copy it from WaveShells, but indinvidual dlls better...

You can use shell2vst utility to make separate plugin dlls out of shell: http://www.xlutop.com/buzz/zip/shell2vst.zip.
Instructions inside.
Better to use for shells inside ...WavesWaveShells and then copy resulting plugins into VSTPlugins folder. Shells inside VSTPlugins must be removed.
... stands for C:program Files or just installation path for Waves. For PC only. After that operation you can freely move your dlls as far as original shells exist in WaveShells folder.

ps. Shells can be placed in any VSTPlugins folder - just copy it from WaveShells, but indinvidual dlls better...

Ace!!!

That is exactly what I needed! Thanks man! :worship: