cubase problem please help!

rispsira

Mar 18, 2010
Last night i was opening old projects from a hard disk and some things were unmapped (seems as if they were tracked through another interface it said edirol instead of focusrite which is what my buddy was maybe using).

Anyway i fixed that but i couldnt open some features - which ill get to - and i didnt have the patience so i just closed them.

Today im opening projects from my pc and everything seems write in the device setup vst connections etc, but i cannot open the insert tab on the left of my audio track. Or any of the other tab, it seems as if the track is "frozen" but its not cause it was recorded with audio (no plugins ala guitar rig etc)

Anyone got an idea of what the problem might be? :mad: :mad:

The cubase version is 5.5.2..

Did any of your track groups get deleted? I think I had a similar issue when I switched interfaces but I can't remember if opening the insert was a problem. The only thing I can think of is if the buss the track is routed to isn't available. But even then I'm not sure that would be an issue.

Hi Scott! thanks for your input man! what is weird is that when i opened the old project they were tracked with MY interface not the edirol.. But they read edirol which might have been used on other projects that arent mine on the old PC of the rehearsal room.

Anyway i didnt have the patience to understand what was happening cause these old projects werent that important. So i disconnected the external hard disk since then and just opened projects that are currently on my pc and they all have this problem!!! all my current projects that i tried so that really suckssssssssssss

Ok so i remembered that when i was checking the old projects i removed the ilok and put it in another socket because the hard disk could only reach to where the ilok was.
Now its back in place but i thought why not open and check the elicenser so i did and the license is gone. I install the latest elicenser, retrieve the activation code from my online account, enter that into the updated elicenser then get the error message: "license download A communication problem occured while accessing the license driver"

Im obviously connected to the internet and i tried putting the ilok in another slot whatever it doesnt work. Now when i open cubase i still have the same problems though i get a license error at the beggining.

I really, really, REALLY dont feel like emails coming and going with support or what not. I really dont have time for this shit.

fffuuuu..