cubase trick: putting two parts together without messing up the tempo

hoehlentroll

Mar 15, 2007
Mannheim, Germany
I have two files with different song parts I want to get together (slow intro and faster main part). the problem is creating a tempo track afterwards is not working because the faster part sounds even faster :OMG:

I used to have ableton live. With that I coul just double click a part and tell it to be native 215 bpm or sth like that. is there any way in cubase to do the same?

Cubase can respond to the tempo track in two ways. Either "musical" or linear".
Change between the two and find the setting that you want to use.

With the bands I have been recording lately I have been having to use the Tempo Track more and more, apparently time changes are br00talz now or something when you have 30+ in one song. Joking aside...yeah, just use the tempo track dude...it's not hard and takes like two seconds to set it up how you want it.

~006

fuck i hate bedroom guitarists they have no rhythm or groove and scoop the fack out of their mids. fuck pod, fuck fruity loops, fuck plugging in directly to your computers sound card and fuck bedroom guitarists. lol jk

ok I have found a workaround: im bouncing every single track, start a new projekt and create a tempo track and copy the tracks in the new project. I couldn't find out how to change the tempo track after different parts were recorded. I.E. I could change the tempo track but separate parts shortened in sized and fucked up my crossfades :(

This doesn't work in LE (well not sure about the first part, but time warp don't exsist in LE):

In every track there is a button that will either be lit orange and have a note on it, or when turned off it turns into a clock. Turn the note to clock.

Then use time warp and make your tempo track.

Worked great when I did a custom tempo track on one of the lamb of god tracks.

Why the fuck when you "add time" or "cut time" to a project (or edit your project any other way)does it not adjust the tempo track I will never understand.