Cult Albums of Evergrey

ebrewski0075

New Metal Member
Apr 20, 2005
Hey
I know that "The Inner Circle" is a cult album about this guy who follows this religious group, chnages his life for it and finds out he is lied to. I also know that "The Dark Discovery" is also a cult album, but is the story kind of like "The Inner Circle" in terms of a person being lied to about religion?

ebrewski0075 said:
Hey
I know that "The Inner Circle" is a cult album about this guy who follows this religious group, chnages his life for it and finds out he is lied to. I also know that "The Dark Discovery" is also a cult album, but is the story kind of like "The Inner Circle" in terms of a person being lied to about religion?

In what way is TDD a cult album?

Blackened Dawn: About a deaf-mute guy who get's stabbed in the eyes by a psycho so he ends up deaf, mute and blind and his life is just a black void.

December 26: About alien abduction

The Dark Discovery: About a father that is dying from cancer

As Light is our Darkness: About a guy who doesn't know what he wants with life or indeed if he even wants to live at all. At the end of the song he dies and he enters the dreamless, eternal sleep.

Beyond Salvation: A continuation of ALIOD.

Closed Eyes: About Tom's relationship with his father.

Trust and Betrayal: About a guy who finds out that his girl is cheating on him with his best friend.

Shadowed: About how life can feel when you are lonely.

When the River Calls: About schizofrenia.

For Every Tear That Falls: About a guy whose girlfriend has commited suicide.

To Hope is to Fear: Simply about life. That you ever quite now where you will end up and that life is in fact quite scary. Hoping for something is simply being afraid that it will never come true.

This is all shortened explanation from an interview with Tom himself in Bright Eyes #3, a Swedish metal magazine that now goes by the name Sweden Rock Magazine.

are there other interview were he talks about the song meanings to him? ANd sorry about thinking the TDD is a cult album