Cures for Insomnia

A glass of liquor, just two shots or so, eases up the mind enough that the mental blocks preventing sleeping are gone. And it's not so much that you'll suffer any problems the next day.

You could also try www.i-doser.com. Read up on it, and if you're interested, try to find a cracked version on megaupload, or something like that. I find that those always knock me out, even the narcotic type ones. The nitrous/opium/morphine/anaesthesia tracks are hard to stay awake during.

I downloaded I-Doser (fuck paying for it) and as is fairly obvious the whole 'LUL THIS SOUND WILL GET U HIGH' doesn't work, I find it great background noise for working/sleeping to though because silence gets me thinking just as much as 'real' sounds.

You know, you could try listening to non-metal bands while sleeping. That's pretty much the main reason I keep stuff like the Grateful Dead, Soft Machine, and ambient music on my computer. I used to have shitloads of trouble sleeping until I started listening to quiet music in bed.

Even still, if I have a lot of school work to do, or some big, stressful event coming up the next day, I'll usually be up all night thinking about it. I guess if I really cared I could keep some booze around for those nights, since they're special occasions. Most of the time, though, music does the job.
Yeah. Thats bad if the only music he sleeps to is metal. Try some puss-rock like Coldplay or Radiohead. Or make a compilation of mellow stuff like Sourgirl by STP and shit like dat'. Porcupine Tree is also great sleeping/relaxing music. "The Sky Moves Sideways" and "The Sound of No one Listening" should help you sleep.

get drunk.

i usually have a hard time sleeping because my brain is most active in the evening. so i start thinking about EVERYTHING. i havnt figured out a way to stop it, but drinking helps
~gR~

I downloaded I-Doser (fuck paying for it) and as is fairly obvious the whole 'LUL THIS SOUND WILL GET U HIGH' doesn't work, I find it great background noise for working/sleeping to though because silence gets me thinking just as much as 'real' sounds.
The whole thing is essentially a roundabout way to get you into a meditative state, something that most people cannot do on their own. I've never had an amazingly transcendant experience like the site claims, but it does do something. At least it helps you meditate/clear your head, at most it manipulates your brainwaves to simulate states of being.

My solution to insomnia is sleeping with someone else; it's usually sufficiently relaxing and distracting. Assuming that isn't an option, you could always try some of that sleepytime tea or whatever variation of it. I found that the combination of making certain that the room is pitch black, turning off music, and turning on a fan (for the sake of background noise, mostly) is also helpful.

Yeah I always have a fan going and my room is pretty damn dark. I have been getting better sleep as of late. Let's hope it continues.