Current addictions

Ya one band realizes they don't have a singer so they make up for it and the other one doesn't.

I don't get what's so special about isis but hey all is well

Björk - Post
Cult Of Luna - Somewhere Along The Highway & Salvation
Isis - SGNL>05
Sunn O))) - All Albums
Earth - HEX: (Or Printing In The Infernal Method)

I dunno about everyone else, but i notice a few people saying they dont like Isis and up until a couple of weeks ago i would have been with you. But with bands like Cult Of Luna and Isis, I find it takes me a while to appreciate their albums. You really need to give the albums a generous listen.

I'd like to revisit the HIM discussion. Imo HIM reminds me of finding out what love is about for the first time. It's new, exciting, happy, and all of a sudden becomes all you think about...hence the 'die for love' lyrical stuff. HIM makes me laugh when I listen to their songs, in a good way. They do have some catchy tracks that u can just jam to :lol: .

end/my two cents

Earth - Hex Live: In a large city on the north American continent
has been running a few laps lately. Only drone-act so far managing to get me interested in their actuall songs.

In that case you'll prolly hit 20,000 of 'em with your whine whenever you so to speak "disapprove". Fact is that you do take the time to go for a hit every time you get a chance and after only come with a streetsmart "whatever" or "enuff said" instead of saying something remotely supporting your case.
And putting in the old age and maturity argument is just another thing showing your lack of it. Methinks getting offended by pretty much anything is a way bigger sign of immaturity.

ha......when I sit down at my PC and notice you have posted 10 times I dont even bother to open up the threads because it is usually safe to assume you are drunk posting again......thats how much your opinion matters to me. Usually if I disapprove of something I have a fairly sound basis for it.....the "nuff said" usually comes after I have made my point and everyone else has made their point......its kind of my way of saying we can agree to disagree. This is the most well behaved forum on the net as far as I know.....there is a place for anyone who is cool.......I never said you werent cool.....I just said you corner the market with meaningless posts......I tend to post when I have a valid point to make.....which may certainly seem to you like I am "whining"......but I think I have earned the respect of most people around here as being a level headed and competant member of this forum......

so think me to be immature or whatever you wish.......keep posting randomly......it doesnt offend me or urge me to dislike you......it just doesnt help me to value your posts.

In Flames - The Jester Race
Dimension Zero - They Are Awaiting To Take Us
Dark Tranquillity - Hedon
Behemoth - Conquer All
Kovenant - Bringer of the Sixth Sun
Cannibal Corpse - Hammer Smashed Face

^^ Can't get enough of those songs! XD

What album(s) of Within Temptation do you listen to?
I like Mother Earth and the one before that (although I hardly listen to it anymore) but everything after their "big break" pretty much sucks ... (imho of course) Way to unoriginal,boring and mainstream.
I dont like other bands with female vocalists singing that high and stuff .Within Temptation 's older stuff is just really fairytale like and it really grew on me when I was like .. 14 or something and it was one of the only "metal/dark-sorta music" I had around at that time.
Actually I can't listen to that album from an objective standpoint anymore ,
in that time I smoked a joint and put it on and imagined I was in a forest or something haha. I know it too well.. Sometimes I wonder how I would listen to it now if I would hear it for the first time...

Actually, I'm not very familiar with any of their albums really...not yet, anyway. I discovered them upon first listening to the song called "Angel." I initially liked what I heard. The female vocalist has a very tranquil, angelic voice which I found to be very soothing, and immediately felt obliged to randomly download a few other tracks from the band and see for myself whether or not an album purchase is warranted haha.

I'm listening to;

Angel, Bittersweet, The Neverending Story, Deceiver of Fools, See Who I Am,
Forsaken, The Promise, Memories and the one I am currently MOST addicted to, Stand My Ground.

:) I don't care what anyone thinks, man - I like what I like, and all these songs are pretty damn good - ESPECIALLY considering I haven't been the biggest Power Metal fanatic (in fact, some of the songs here are reminiscent of the angelic female vocals of the dreamy trance I listen to from time to time).

** After Forever are one of my favourite bands...ever! And they have a very STRONG, female vocalist not so far from the style of Within Temptation. But of course, as far as this kinda music goes, After Forever can never be topped for me.

Heck, for fuck's sake I even listen to Michael Jackson still (yep, I've said it - :rolleyes: guess I'm no longer metal, huh?) I mean, there are times you just have to admit where the talent lies. Some may embrace something and may never actually admit to anyone that they like it; afraid of being scolded. I'm not like that. I listen to so much. Why limit yourself to a certain style? o_O Damn, I think I just quoted Bruce Lee - hell yeah!

@Charon8: :) Nice post! A very valid one, at that. And yes, I happen to LOVE the "dying for love" concept. In a strange way, it's actually powerful to me. In a different way than say, a Virgin Black song where it's purely epic, but powerful in a happy, catchy way. These songs are well written - it takes some real talent to come up with songs like these.

The Postal Service - 'Give Up'
Strapping Young Lad - 'City'
Roots Manuva - 'Run Come Save Me'
Katatonia - 'Last Fair Deal Gone Down' (revisiting)
Bjork - 'Vespertine'
Shiny Toy Guns - 'We Are Pilots'
Low - 'Trust'