Current Musical Obsession?

SueNC

Southern born, metal bred
Dec 13, 2004
i recently broke down and let myself purchase something new [or at least, new to me].
i'm obsessed with this Canadian [by way of Newfoundland] stoner/doom band, sHeavy.
i've been a fan of theirs since about their second album, 'The Electric Sleep.'

their last album, 'The Machine That Won the War' was released in 2007, but i'd put my cd buying on hold for awhile.
after catching a few vids of the new material on YouTube, i couldnt stand it. i ordered the import version with the live dvd.

i'm enjoying the cd and the dvd. they seem to get heavier with every album and the dvd is near-perfection.

A+++ on this one. :headbang:

Sue, that band is pretty damn cool. I dunno who, but someone made some weird ass video footage from the movie "The Holy Mountain" for the song Oracle ..Check it!!! :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Sue, that band is pretty damn cool. I dunno who, but someone made some weird ass video footage from the movie "The Holy Mountain" for the song Oracle ..Check it!!! :lol:

good stuff, Damaged.

the sHeavy vid you posted was made by sHeavy's guitarist, Dan. he likes to dabble, evidently. here's another he made and posted to YouTube. it's called 'Demon Soldiers,' from the latest album:

good stuff, Damaged.

the sHeavy vid you posted was made by sHeavy's guitarist, Dan. he likes to dabble, evidently. here's another he made and posted to YouTube. it's called 'Demon Soldiers,' from the latest album:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJFx9TVJ5rI

Well there you go! You learn something new everyday. I didn't know that video "Oracle" was made by their guitarist. But that video you posted seems pretty weird too, with all those Ninja's n' shit :lol:

Not sure how much you like Doom metal Sue, but the band High On Fire from Cali is an all time favourite (yes, we spell it with a U here :p ) of mine.

No doubt you've heard of them already........??

Well there you go! You learn something new everyday. I didn't know that video "Oracle" was made by their guitarist. But that video you posted seems pretty weird too, with all those Ninja's n' shit :lol:

Not sure how much you like Doom metal Sue, but the band High On Fire from Cali is an all time favourite (yes, we spell it with a U here :p ) of mine.

No doubt you've heard of them already........??

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=OmsXYwrZxV8

heard of 'em.
love 'em.

ever hear of OM?

here's another from the last sHeavy album [Dan posted this one, too].

heard of 'em.
love 'em.

ever hear of OM?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-kwrFPuPf6w

Oh yeah, OM is ment to be Al Cisernos's project after the band Sleep, and Matt pike (also from Sleep) went on a formed High on fire.

I'm sure i got that right.. o_O

But High on fire and sHeavy are the two main stoner/doom bands i tend to like most out of what you posted here. I've been a long time fan of Kyuss, and IMO sHeavy are the next best thing. :)

Oh yeah, OM is ment to be Al Cisernos's project after the band Sleep, and Matt pike (also from Sleep) went on a formed High on fire.

I'm sure i got that right.. o_O

But High on fire and sHeavy are the two main stoner/doom bands i tend to like most out of what you posted here. I've been a long time fan of Kyuss, and IMO sHeavy are the next best thing. :)

i LOVE Kyuss!!
sHeavy actually started out doing Kyuss covers, so it's cool you made the comparison.

i LOVE Kyuss!!
sHeavy actually started out doing Kyuss covers, so it's cool you made the comparison.

Oh cool, I didn't know that. They probably done a damn good job of their covers too.

How about Clutch, do you like Clutch Sue?

This good quality live footage was actually done in your state, NC.

It's live somewhere in Kill Devil Hills, NC. (If that's really such a place there? :lol: ) 2004.

Well, you have pretty good taste in music Sue :kickass:

It's live somewhere in Kill Devil Hills, NC. (If that's really such a place there? :lol: ) 2004.

Well, you have pretty good taste in music Sue :kickass:

yup. there's definitely a Kill Devil Hills, NC. :lol:

Eyehategod is another band I have been playing a lot lately also. I don't think they have released one bad album yet (IMO)

I hope Mike Williams can keep himself out of trouble long enough, to be able to release something else new with the band.

I've been on a old-school prog-rock kick. Why? I am not really sure.

But, I've listened to

Gentle Giant- Free Hand
Yes- Relayer
King Crimson- Starless and Bible Black

a whole bunch lately.

I've been on a old-school prog-rock kick. Why? I am not really sure.

But, I've listened to

Gentle Giant- Free Hand
Yes- Relayer
King Crimson- Starless and Bible Black

a whole bunch lately.

ever get into Fates Warning?

Eyehategod is another band I have been playing a lot lately also. I don't think they have released one bad album yet (IMO)

I hope Mike Williams can keep himself out of trouble long enough, to be able to release something else new with the band.
One of my favorite bands. Mike's off dope, has been for quite a while and is keeping very busy. His side band Outlaw Order just released their debut "Dragging Down the Enforcer" recently and it's great.

One of my favorite bands. Mike's off dope, has been for quite a while and is keeping very busy. His side band Outlaw Order just released their debut "Dragging Down the Enforcer" recently and it's great.

Yeah, fuckin great band! At one point it seemed when ever Michael had nothing to do music wise, he ended up getting in to trouble with drugs & the law in general.

Good to know he's keeping clean! And yeah, I got Outlaw Order's first EP Legalize Crime, just not the new album. But I do know where to get myself a copy :saint:

Arson Anthem with Phil Anselmo, some guy (his name escapes me..) & Hank III had been keeping him busy at one point too.