Current Musical Obsession?

I just heard "Seed of filth" from Six Feet Under, I like the song a lot. Plus the new Slayer song "Psychopathy Red" sounds very aggressive. Since this is Slayer's last record, hopefully it will be one of their best & heaviest.

Yeah, fuckin great band! At one point it seemed when ever Michael had nothing to do music wise, he ended up getting in to trouble with drugs & the law in general.

Good to know he's keeping clean! And yeah, I got Outlaw Order's first EP Legalize Crime, just not the new album. But I do know where to get myself a copy :saint:

Arson Anthem with Phil Anselmo, some guy (his name escapes me..) & Hank III had been keeping him busy at one point too.
He writes a ton too. His first book "Cancer as a Social Activity" was re-issued with some new stuff and it's pretty fucked poetry. Nice and miserable like EHG. I think he fell off the wagon alcohol wise at EHG and Crowbar's 20th anniversary show this past summer. From the video's I've seen he looked so drunk he could only stand up for like 2 songs.

i LOVE Kyuss!!
sHeavy actually started out doing Kyuss covers, so it's cool you made the comparison.

If you folks are missing Kyuss. You can find SloBurn on eMusic. It was Garcia's first band after Kyuss. It didn't go beyond demo stage but it was good. Really good. He then went on to form a band called Unida. You can find them on eMusic too. Both bands sound most similar to Kyuss on the Blues For The Red Sun LP.

As far as newly discovered music. I've been listening to TurboNegro a lot lately. I don't know what it is about it. It's just good rock n roll.

I just heard "Seed of filth" from Six Feet Under, I like the song a lot. Plus the new Slayer song "Psychopathy Red" sounds very aggressive. Since this is Slayer's last record, hopefully it will be one of their best & heaviest.

Slayer's last record? When was this announced?

I've got a love/hate relationship with Six Feet Under. Their early records (especially Haunted and Maximum Violence) are great, but their later output has been very hit and miss for me. Commandment bored the shit out of me, and Bringer of Blood is just bad bad bad if you ask me. 13 was pretty consistant though. But, the songs I've heard off the new album are awesome. "Death By Machete" is fun as hell, as is "Shot in the Head" and "Involuntary Movment of Dead Flesh".

Slayer's last record? When was this announced?

I heard it on sirius satellite that this is possibly Slayer's last record. Slayer recorded 3 new tracks for their new album before going on tour in Europe.

I heard it on sirius satellite that this is possibly Slayer's last record. Slayer recorded 3 new tracks for their new album before going on tour in Europe.

That blows. Slayer is one of the few bands that hasn't totally wimped out over the years.

when Sheavy's album, 'The Electric Sleep' first came out, this tune was mistakenly tagged as a 'lost Black Sabbath track' at some of the download sites.

Last edited by a moderator:
just because i FREAKIN' LOVE this tune!!

Stop it! Every time you post a song. I wind up going to iTunes and buying the album. Stop!!!

good. buy up as much of their stuff as you can. they need the support. the last album was completely bankrolled by the singer. he sold his van to get it done and they havent even broken even, yet, from what i hear.

it's a shame. there are some amazing bands out there, just like these guys, and they just cant get the push they need or the success they deserve.

the title track from their 2002 album, 'Synchronized':

Thanks for the links Sue. Good stuff.

Anyone like Zoroaster? Saw them last year and started getting into them.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BMzjTBHbcSg&feature=related[/ame]

I remember hearing or reading that about Christ Illusion too. They probably say these things to make people buy their stuff.