Current Opeth setlist?

Dad

New Metal Member
Jun 5, 2006
G'day

I have a question, hope some of you have an answer to it...

I'm taking my little brother to an Opeth show, the 25th of june I believe (the show at Rijssen). Anyway, it 'd be nice if the boy 'd know some tunes. So what is Opeth playing lately? What is their current setlist?

Thanks

Changes country to country , they play the things that they didn't play last time in that country more.

Thats what Mikael said.

westknife said:
drapery falls, deliverance, grand conjuration are all staples, there are more too, someone else can post more
I don't know if this is a new tour but they didnt play drapery falls in Sweden in april. They played The Lepper Affinity of BWP.

Orchid: Forest Of October
Morningrise: Advent
My Arms, Your Hearse: When, Demon Of The Fall
Still Life: Face Of Melinda
Blackwater Park: The Drapery Falls
Deliverance: Deliverance
Damnation: In My Time Of Need
Ghost Reveries: The Grand Conjuration

I think these are the most played from each album. Ghost Of Perdition and The Baying Of The Hounds are also played most of the time on this tour.

Ok, there's no way of predicting it exactly, but, there's a high probability they will include the following songs:

Deliverance
When
Closure
The Grand Conjuration

Other songs are less easy to predict, but I think they may avoid Orchid and Morningrise on this tour (dunno why, just a feeling... if they do play something from those, it probably wont be Under The Weeping Moon again). Still Life will be represented, probably not by White Cluster atm, because that featured fairly recently. It's hard to call fro BwP, but I think the title track might crop up. That or Drapery. You'll probably get Ghost Of Perdition also.

But of course, I could be ENTIRELY wrong...

wtf, i thought they were still playing the standard australian setlist (not melbourne 2, that was special)

not the right order:

Ghost of perdition
The Baying of the Hounds
The Grand Conjuration
White Cluster
Closure
The Leper Affinity
Deliverance
Under the Weeping Moon

might be one more? cant remember off the top of my head

Pethical said:
wtf, i thought they were still playing the standard australian setlist (not melbourne 2, that was special)

not the right order:

Ghost of perdition
The Baying of the Hounds
The Grand Conjuration
White Cluster
Closure
The Leper Affinity
Deliverance
Under the Weeping Moon

might be one more? cant remember off the top of my head

Uhhuh, + Demon Of The Fall. That was the n.z set list anyhoo

Well, in that case they're still on a very similar setlist to what was played in the UK in December (swap Leper Affinity for Bleak). I kinda assumed that they would have shuffled it a little more by now.

Here's the setlist from their performance in Israel two months ago (was awesome, enjoyed every minute of it)

Ghost of Perdition
White Cluster
The Amen Corner
The Baying of the Hounds
Closure
Under the Weeping Moon
The Grand Conjuration
The Drapery Falls
---
Deliverance
Demon of the Fall

I really wanted to hear Bleak and Face of Melinda.

Dad said:
G'day

I have a question, hope some of you have an answer to it...

I'm taking my little brother to an Opeth show, the 25th of june I believe (the show at Rijssen). Anyway, it 'd be nice if the boy 'd know some tunes. So what is Opeth playing lately? What is their current setlist?

Thanks

Guess i'll see you there then.. :kickass:

Dante's Inferno said:
Orchid: Forest Of October
Morningrise: Advent
My Arms, Your Hearse: When, Demon Of The Fall
Still Life: Face Of Melinda
Blackwater Park: The Drapery Falls
Deliverance: Deliverance
Damnation: In My Time Of Need
Ghost Reveries: The Grand Conjuration

I think these are the most played from each album. Ghost Of Perdition and The Baying Of The Hounds are also played most of the time on this tour.

so wrong. so incredibly wrong.

Sean Casey said:
so wrong. so incredibly wrong.

how? looks quite accurate to me

for now at least...

lately they seem like they've been straying away from the "hit song" cliche of having songs that are either guaranteed to be played or are more likely to be played than any other song... like how they stopped playing Demon of the Fall and The Drapery Falls at every show, and that they actually played The Night and the Silent Water live... so it won't be easy to guess a playlist

a song I have no knowledge of them ever playing: Karma

would be nice to see that one pulled out