Current Opeth setlist?

affinityband said:
If id heard them live id die.

That would kinda suck, wouldn't it? :p

But i understand, i would kill for In Mist She Was Standing... :worship:

Thanks for the help people! It's hard to pinpoint their setlist, the last two times I saw them, they for instance did not play Advent. The last show @ tivoli they didn't play Demon of the Fall.
I'll make a nice mix for my little bro. He'll need to study real hard, time is running out for the lad:)

I saw Opeth do serinity painted death twice, I believe, might have been three times even!

Are you going to the Rijssen show too Rawr? It 'll be the 8th time I'll see them play live. Never seen a bad show from them.

Saw strapping young lad yesterday, killer show, killer band. Jed can actually sing! He did some nice stuff during The New Black, great song btw. I advise everyone to go see dev! Go see Tool too, while your at it.

Dad: Yeah, i'll be going to Rijssen too! Will be the 4th time i'll see them.. And, what a coincidence, i'm about to jump in the car to see Strapping Young Lad in the 013 :)

god damnit. bang got banned too? wtf is going on? oh well, thank god they only do a cookie-ban on UM.

Rawr:
call me Justin. what a toeval man! Did you enjoy dev and his gang? going to Tool too?

Seems like forever ago since last November's show in Hollywood and even the show in March. And the boys are still plugging away. Must get boring playing the same stuff every night.

Dad said:
Rawr:
call me Justin. what a toeval man! Did you enjoy dev and his gang? going to Tool too?

Definately toeval, hehe.. SYL kicked ass! Damn, even though it was kinda short, and i preferred the previous synth-player (that small indian dude that went NUTS behind the keys) i had a brilliant evening.. What a MASSIVE wall of sound!! Dev is even funnier than Mikael inbetween songs! New stuff sounded a bit more melodic, and you were right about Jed, guy has a nice voice!! And damn, Gene is the king.. It's sooo cool seeing a 400pound cuddly bear blasting away at insane speeds while waving his hair from side to side so he looks like a giant cousin it.. Gene rocks!!

Won't be seeing Tool.. Like Tool a lot, but HMH sucks, tickets are WAY overpriced in my opinion and i'm broke like a.., erhm, well.. Broke :)

Rawr said:
Definately toeval, hehe.. SYL kicked ass! Damn, even though it was kinda short, and i preferred the previous synth-player (that small indian dude that went NUTS behind the keys) i had a brilliant evening.. What a MASSIVE wall of sound!! Dev is even funnier than Mikael inbetween songs! New stuff sounded a bit more melodic, and you were right about Jed, guy has a nice voice!! And damn, Gene is the king.. It's sooo cool seeing a 400pound cuddly bear blasting away at insane speeds while waving his hair from side to side so he looks like a giant cousin it.. Gene rocks!!

Won't be seeing Tool.. Like Tool a lot, but HMH sucks, tickets are WAY overpriced in my opinion and i'm broke like a.., erhm, well.. Broke :)

SYL is totally cool. I liked that indian dude better too! But the new guy uses Apple, that counts. At Melkweg the sound wasn't massive AT ALL. The snare didn't sound the way I like it. And the overall sound wasn't loud enough to wear earplugs, but it was too loud to do without. SYL was of course fantastic. Gene is the man! that guy is gigantisch! And what a drummer. To think he did some shows with Opeth! 'D've loved to see that!
Devy had to take a shit, so after having played Far Beyond Metal he ran of the stage. But did they play Detox at 013?
'bout Mike and humor. I saw shows with the somewhat shy Mike (a looong time ago), the new Mike is fun. Since GR there is just a new Mike onstage. Lovely stuff.

Well, I think Ahoy totally sucks, but I'd go see Tool at Ahoy too. I saw Tool live twice. It's an unbelievable band. They achieve perfection onstage. Hahaha broke? Spend your last money on an Opeth ticket?

Dante's Inferno said:
Orchid: Forest Of October
Morningrise: Advent
My Arms, Your Hearse: When, Demon Of The Fall
Still Life: Face Of Melinda
Blackwater Park: The Drapery Falls
Deliverance: Deliverance
Damnation: In My Time Of Need
Ghost Reveries: The Grand Conjuration

I think these are the most played from each album. Ghost Of Perdition and The Baying Of The Hounds are also played most of the time on this tour.
They never play shit from Morningrise.

I don't think it's possible to say an exact setlist.

Ghost of Perdition/The Baying of the Hounds/The Grand Conjuration.

They will usually play 2 of these 3.

Pretty much always play Demon of the Fall and 90% of the time... When.

The only track they're likely to play from Orchid is Under the Weeping Moon. (I may be wrong)

Deliverance is probably the most popular song to play live from that album.

Most popular song on Damnation to play live is Closure.

Other than that the songs from Still Life/Blackwater Park rotate.
(The Moor, Face of Melinda, White Cluster/The Leper Affinity, Bleak, The Drapery Falls, Blackwater Park)

These are not fact... Bascially taken from alot of setlists I've seen.

The beauty of Opeth is that all setlists are brilliant. I advise you go to a show expecting great Opeth, not your own little favourite song list.

Thanks,

well I like those rotating setlists. It's uninspiring, to always hear the same stuff. Especially for the band. Like Slayer, they have some songs they play EVERY show. I'd get bored out of my mind playing them every time.
BTW The grand conjuration works wonders live! I like it on the record, but live it simply kicks ass. I like those two hour shows too. I remember seeing them play shows that'd be like an hour and a half. 7 songs and it's over.
Hope to hear Wreath next sunday, or like By the pain I see in others. Never heard them play these songs live. Whatever it may be, looking forward to the show.

I've seen some different sets over the years. Seen the following tunes

Orchid: Under the Weeping moon (2006)
Moringrise: Advent (2003, 2004)
MAYH: Demon of the Fall (always, but not on last three gigs or so)
The Amen Corner (2006) April ethereal (2004) When (2005)
Still Life: The Moor (2004) Godheads lament (2003, 2004) Face of Melinda (2005) White Cluster (2006, also was in their set-list just before I started seeing them live)
Blackwater park: The Leper Affinity (2004. 2006) Bleak (2004) Blackwater park (2005) Harvest (2004) The Drapery Falls (almost always, but not lately)
Deliverence: Deliverence (always since release) The Masters Apprentice (2004) A Fair Judgement (2003, 2004)
Damnation: Entire CD (2004) Windowpane (2004) To Rid the Disease (2004) In my time of need (2005) Closure (2006)
Ghost Reveries: The Baying of the Hounds, The Grand Conjuration (2005-2006) Ghost of Perdition (2006)

Some stuff has been played after all.

Whaah, can't wait.., Just a few more hours before i'll jump in the car and head to Rijssen! Don't know anything about a pre-show band, the Lucky site just shows TBA.. Wicked!

But it's going to rock so fucking hard.. CAAAAAAN'T WAAAIT!!!

Can't wait either man! I'll jump in the car at seven and drive down to Rijssen. Well, my brother 'll drive, I'll navigate:)
Hell Yeah! Opeth! Bummer Holland is playing Portugal during the concert though, but friends 'll keep us posted with sms during te gig. The party 'll be complete when Holland wins the 8th finals.
the pre show band, have no idea either, nothing about a band on the site of the club so... It'll probably suck. I have seen many, many, manyyyy horrific pre show bands. Really man, to a point that I can't stand it anymore! It just irritates the hell out of me. I hope tonight 'll be a pleasant suprise, but I am afraid not.

Fuuuuuck that was one great show!! What a musicians, damn... Even though the crowd was a bit tame, i had the time of my life.. Great setlist, sound was decent (could be better, but it was good anyway), Opeth played GREAT, no sucky pre-show band, wuppies on stage (only the dutch people will get that), and Mikael being a clown..

"Sometimes when i think about metal.. *pause* .. It makes me happy.." :)

"Hi. I am Mikael. I am an alcoholic." :)

Axe was more than decent, but he's still no Lopez, i'm sorry.. Nat that he fucked upp or anything, he was great, but he slows down/speeds up during songs, and the overall feel IS just a tad different.. Great drummer though, and it took Lopez a while too to get where he was, so i have no worries :)

I'll see them again at the Lowlands Festival, can't wait!!

And it was so funny, walking out the door, seeing hundred sad faces because of the football match.. I couldn't care less, i saw Opeth again, to hell with football! :)