Current Opeth tour question

happy friggin camper

Gospel sodomy boy on blow
Jun 14, 2002
Melbourne, australia
I have kind of left this question a bit late, but i'll ask anyway.

I have read on other BB's around the web that the current Opeth tour will be only their acoustic tracks. Is this true?

Last time they were here Mikael mentioned about their next Aussie tour supporting their acoustic side of things, but dammit, i really want to see Opeth play some metal tonight.

That was the original plan, but that tour is over now. The setlist in Sydney was:

Master's Apprentice
Drapery Falls
The Moor
Windowpane
In My Time of Need
To Rid the Disease
April Ethereal
Deliverance
Blackwater Park
Demon of the Fall

Master's Apprentice
Drapery Falls
The Moor
Windowpane
In My Time of Need
To Rid the Disease
April Ethereal
Deliverance
Blackwater Park
Demon of the Fall

Swap April Ethereal for Face of Melinda and you have the Friday night Melbounre set! :D they also said cos they're here over three days they'll try and chance the setlist. as long as they play TBYF at some point I'll be happy. and it wouldn't hurtto get april ethereal back in there. ;)

The first Melbourne Opeth show was utterly fantastic, ripped apart their performance last year. Its so fucking good to see such a professional band tear it up flawlessly on stage. Their setlist was great. 'The Moor' translated over live so well, and i was glad to see they replaced 'April Etheral' with 'Face Of Melinda', that song was fantastic live. And 'Blackwater Park' was great as well, would have liked to see them close with something different to 'Demon Of The Fall'. I was hoping for 'Serenity Painted Death' or 'Godheads Lament'.

Good to hear they were better this time `round (I missed `em last year by shear lazyness).
I`m pretty sure the Brisbane setlist was the same as Sydney (Master's Apprentice, Drapery Falls, The Moor, Windowpane, In My Time of Need, To Rid the Disease, April Ethereal, Deliverance, Blackwater Park, Demon of the Fall).
But when Mikael anounced the singing competition between Sydney & Brisbane (to see who actually knows the lyrics for "In My Time...") he didn`t say who was better (or less of a cunt, whichever comes first). For the record, yes, I do know the lyrics (well, 75% of them, anyway).

Bloody hell.....they get April Ethereal, we get Face of Melinda. :( AE is the song that got me into Opeth, and is still my favourite by the band. Oh well, hopefully they play it here next time. The show was still great.