Current top 10 for 2014

635436016578701444.jpg

Unfortunately I am listening to much less stuff than the guy who started this thread so I cannot post top 10 list. However here are my favorite albums of this year so far:
H.e.a.t - Tearing down the walls - Hard rock release with good Bon Jovi-like vocals. Some really good melodies, some rip-offs... Still pretty solid.
Nanowar of Steel - A Knight at the Opera - This is power metal parody at its best. I really appreciate that band made 4 language versions of the same song.
Sonata Arctica - Pariah's Child - Finally listenable release from this finish band (at least for me). I like the proggy stuff as well as straight power metal songs on this album.
Twilight Force - Tales Of Ancient Prophecies - Best debut album of this year so far. Absolutely stunning vocals with tons of melodies and backing vocals. Some might think it is just another Rhapsody-ish band but I love it anyway.
Unisonic - Light of Dawn - Great second album. Love it the same way as I did the first one. Kiske still knows how to sing. Haters gonna hate :)

I still stand behind my words. I dislike Rhapsody and like Twilight Force so as you said it is only about preferences. The thing is I had to give a small description :)

and by the way I, as well as the starter of this thread, am waiting for 3rd album of Lost Horizon this year (another one...)

They have always described themselves as true metal, but today the range of term h/p/s metal is realy wide. They definitelly have bit more progressivity in their music than bands which play happy metal. But I believe that they made the best decision they could by dropping the band. Without Daniel it has no meaning anyway. There are very few recorded vocal performances which are half as good as his singing on their albums. I wish I could say different. Daniel is currently the best metal singer. Nobody can surpass his metal singing. Too bad he decided to desappear - I still believe in scenario which happened to Kiske - that Daniel will re-appear someday and AGAIN WILL THE FIRE BURN !!! \m/

alphabetical order:

Delain
Epica
Need
Overkill
Scythia
Silent Force
Sinbreed
21 Octayne
Vanden Plas
Voyager

I'm sure Evergrey and new While Heaven Wept will be in the mix as well

As expected throw in both Evergrey and While Heaven Wept..both albums will definitely be in my top 10

You have to take my top releases in context of who I am because I am a die hard of both Accept and Vanden Plas, but......... well, they have released the two of their best works this year in my ears......

Accept - "Blind Rage"
Vanden Plas - "Chronicles"
Everything else..........

Bryant

Harmony have Daniel Heiman and they will release an album this year soooo... My expectatiobs for it are very high

Hard to believe this one hasn't been mentioned yet...

Veni Domine - "Light"

Progressive, atmospheric doom at it's best.

Last edited by a moderator: