Cynic.

Final_Product said:
Awful band and your opinions have been shown to be totally inept, considering you think otherwise.

Why are they an awful band? Support your statement. Maybe you don't like the band but you cannot deny that they aren't technically amazing.

WithoutJudgementJeremy said:
Why are they an awful band? Support your statement. Maybe you don't like the band but you cannot deny that they aren't technically amazing.

I was joking, you sexy little man.

:loco:

@ Silver Incubus...folks lump them in with Athiest and Death alot, but I'm not sure they're that similar is sound.

Silver Incubus said:
do they sound similar to Atheist or Death, cuz I have heard they sound similar.

Well Tony Choy (Bassist on Atheists "Unquestionable Prescence & Elements") played with Cynic. Paul Masvidal (guitar/vocals in cynic) and Sean Reinert (drums in cynic) played on death's Human album, and on tour too i think.

The music is similar because it is really technical. Nuts drums and bass and guitar... style is similar but its more mellower, and there is a lot of effects. The vocals are mostly clean with a shitload of reverby sounds, but there are harsh vocals too. The vocals are definently the hard part to get in to. But usually most atheist fans like them.

They have a MAJOR jazz influence too, almost all the clean guitar parts are very jazz influented.. I think everyone who likes Atheist and Death should like them, but like WithoutJudgementJeremy mentioned, it may take a while to get into the vocals

they are what is called fusion metal. Its jazz/metal fusion if you go check out some really cool jazz guitarists you will hear where they get their influence, just take some death and mix some jazz and you get the hybrid, one of the only bands to seriously accomplish such a feat. This is the style of music I am currently working on, I am a drummer, and I have mainly always played rock and metal, but I am starting to vigorously learn jazz and incorporate them together. as for a guitarist that is open to do this, I doubt I will find one anywhere soon.

well because jazz is some of the most theoretical music to play and metal has some of the coolest sounds so then mix the two styles and some awesome philosophical ideas and you get one hell of an incredible original sound.

cynic is a diamond in the ruff that not many people know about. people don't understand that this style of music even exists and I personally want to try to reproduce this sound, at least this style, I can't believe that cynic hasn't spawned a wave of bands trying to accomplish this same feat!!! everytime a listen to cynic it is so bitter sweet because I always crave more,more,more, but there is no more...I want to do it myself!