D.T. / C.M. PRESS RELEASE - New album "CHARACTER" out January 24/25!

Caotico

Sep 17, 2001
Terra firma
www.darktranquillity.com
New worldwide deal with Century Media, new EP release in November, upcoming full studio album in January, new video clip, special UK X-Mas show and full European tour with Kreator announced!

After the release of the bands very own audio treasure vault entitled “Exposures – In Retrospect And Denial” in May of 2004, it’s now about time to look forwards:

New EP in November:
All supporters of modern and melodic death metal tunes made in Sweden should look forward to Monday, November 15th 2004: That’s the European release date of the brand new, specially-priced “Lost To Apathy EP” by DARK TRANQUILLITY via Century Media Records! Here is the track-list:

DARK TRANQUILLITY – “Lost To Apathy EP” (17:33)
European street date: November 15th, 2004

1. Lost To Apathy (4:37) [album-version, taken from upcoming album “Character”]
2. Derivation TNB (3:25) [Non-Album track]
3. The Endless Feed [Chaos Seed Remix] (3:56)
4. UnDo Control [Live] (5:25]
+ Lost To Apathy (Video Clip Enhancement)
+ DT Screensaver

New Video Clip:
The band’s new amazing video clip for the EP’s title track “Lost To Apathy” was recently shot in Gothenburg, Sweden with director Roger Johansson / Bobby Works, who has already worked with bands like The Haunted, In Flames or HammerFall in the past. Photos from the shooting can be viewed at: http://www.darktranquillity.com/media/ltavid.html

New Album in January 2005:
The EP with video clip should serve as a highly-anticipated taster and value for money item for all faithful DT fans. The new DARK TRANQUILLITY studio album is entitled “Character” and exceeds all expectations, combining all the band’s beloved trademarks with skilled song-writing and relentless modern heaviness. Release dates will be January 24th in Europe and January 25th in North America. Look out!

Touring all over the place:
In perfect timing for the band’s new album, DT will be supporting thrash metal icons KREATOR all over Europe on the lengthy “Enemy Of God” tour from February 2nd to March 5th, 2005. Two more support acts will be announced soon! Check out www.centurymedia.de for a complete list of dates!

Previous to that comprehensive tour, DARK TRANQUILLITY have just been confirmed to appear on a very special Metal Hammer sponsored UK one-off show together with label mates Arch Enemy and The Haunted:

Metal Hammer presents: Hammered At Xmas
Dark Tranquillity + Arch Enemy + The Haunted
17.12.2004 London (UK) - The Forum

New worldwide deal with CMR:
Good news so far, huh? Well, we have even more: DARK TRANQUILLITY recently extended their deal with Century Media Records!

Leif Jensen, European A&R of Century Media comments, “DARK TRANQUILLITY are the originators and innovators of the Melodic Death Metal style and a total favourite band for CM’s staff, so we are all extremely proud about the professional and very successful co-operation we managed to have with the band so far! And this is only the beginning because the band has signed a new worldwide contract with CM and we are looking forward to break new ground for them with their outstanding next album “Character”. This one won’t leave you unimpressed…watch out!”

The band adds, "We are exceptionally satisfied to announce that we've chosen to continue our cooperation with Century Media for another three albums. After lengthy negotiations with several prolific labels, the dotted line was finally signed and we have full confidence that we've made the right choice and that there are some excellent years ahead - both for us and for C.M. As some of you know, the new CD is already recorded and mixed, and the response for the live previews of the song "One Thought" has been truly great throughout the summer festivals, so we're eagerly anticipating the release of the album."

More news and details can be found at:
http://www.darktranquillity.com
http://www.centurymedia.de

ltasplash.jpg

i'm really happy. so on nov. 15 and 16 i shall not ever leave the record store, two extremely anticipated releases coming my way. uh, and i find the "enemy of god" thingie absolutely ridicuolous, but well. :lol:

nice indeed, and the title is great. :) now we're just waiting for an "and of course dt will do a headliner tour as well" announcement. :saint:

Dark_Jester said:
And there was much rejoicing.
(if you're referring to what I think you're referring to,) there'll be no eating any minstrels at this place, mister. :err:

As a precursor to the band's new album, Character (to be released in January), November 15th will see DARK TRANQUILLITY issue a low-priced, four-song EP titled Lost To Apathy (Available only through Century Media Mailorder and Website). The title track serves as Character 's first single; the EP will also include the song's music video, directed by Roger Johansson (The Haunted, In Flames).

^Got this off centurymedia.com
I don't know if this is a USA only thing but it looks as if 'Lost To Apathy' will not be available at your local CD shop?

I
can't
stop
drooling

La Rocque said:
I don't know if this is a USA only thing but it looks as if 'Lost To Apathy' will not be available at your local CD shop?
This is how I've understood it: In the states, the EP will only be available via C.M.'s mailorder and on tours (yes, there will be US ones as well) due to some general distribution policy. In the rest of the world, the EP will be available in the stores as usual.

This is all great news. "Character" is a good name. Ambiguous in meaning at the moment, but Im sure the music will comunicate the concept. Great news about all the touring and the three+ album deal.

Thanks for posting the artwork too... :kickass: it's of the usual galva standard.

I have a question:

Will 'UnDo Control' Live from the new EP be the one from Live Damage?