Dakryn's Batshit Theory of the Week

Dakryn you should probably find a time machine and travel back into the 19th century when people actually took view like yours seriously

You mean back before the US was in 11+ trillion dollars in debt? Wouldn't that be awesome. I could go back to the early part of the 20th century and be just fine for that matter.

I checked the statistics. They are a distinct minority not only in Toronto, but Canada in general. Regardless, bringing race into an economics issue is a red herring at best.

You are correct sir. It is true that Toronto is a very diverse city with many different ethnicities including blacks. I think Chinese and South Asian are the biggest minorities though.

Yeah I saw Toronto is one of the more diverse cities in the world, however blacks are one of the more extreme minorities.

What do you suggest we do? Leave and let the Taliban take over so they can slaughter everyone?

The world agrees that Afgahn is a war worth fighting. So fuck off.

#1. The world does not agree on this, as indicated by the lack of overall involvement.
#2. Who exactly is the Taliban slaughtering?
#3. If we are really that concerned with "saving people" from "radical oppressive Islam", why are we buddies with Saudi Arabia?

The Department of Defense is supposed to be for defending America, not for attacking shepherds and farmers in weak countries.

What do you suggest we do? Leave and let the Taliban take over so they can slaughter everyone?

The world agrees that Afgahn is a war worth fighting. So fuck off.

this is 2 really bad logics..

have u seen what troops are supposed 2 go? I saw this in the army newspaper over here like a week ago, supposed to be a brigade from 10th mtn in Drum, 101st AB and a Marine Brigade from Camp LeJeune in NC

#1. The world does not agree on this, as indicated by the lack of overall involvement.
#2. Who exactly is the Taliban slaughtering?
#3. If we are really that concerned with "saving people" from "radical oppressive Islam", why are we buddies with Saudi Arabia?

The Department of Defense is supposed to be for defending America, not for attacking shepherds and farmers in weak countries.

Many european nations have troops in Afghanistan, even our neighbor Canada was one of the first nations to sign on. The troop levels may not be as high, and it seems to be the fault of the Obama's admin taking a long time to commit to a different strategy. So now things may change depending on what Obama has to say tomorrow in his speech.

As for who exactly the taliban are slaughtering? Do you really have to ask this? The taliban have been oppressing the nation for decades, our failure now is winning over the Afghan people, the problem lies with people still being afraid of the Taliban.

as for #3, Saudi Arabia has many human rights issues but so do countries like China. so i don't see what you're trying to say here?

Europe =/= the world.

As far as who are the Taliban slaughtering, I am sure it isn't nearly as many innocents as the NATO forces have killed with indiscriminate missile strikes.

We are not there because we care about the Afghan people or because the Taliban are a real threat to the US (they aren't). We are there to destabilize the region for geopolitical advantage purposes (and this is going to cause blowback) as well as to force the country to revert to Opium production (so we have one more excuse for the massive failure known as the "War on ******). None of these reasons warrant wasting taxpayer money and military lives.

For #3: I am saying that US foreign policy makers don't give two shits about anything except $$$$, and specifically money for their own interests. Innocent people are dying in Afghanistan and Pakistan (and Iraq,though not as many now as before) from both the local populations as well as just soldiers following orders, so that guys like Dick Cheney can make another buck.