Dakryn's Batshit Theory of the Week

Sure, it's all just kind of silly in my view. I don't think a gun prohibition would go any better than the prohibitions on drugs have, but gun nut types seem like they are desperately seeking masculinity and security which they feel they lack due to other races/scary government/police etc. Not saying all gun owners are like that, just the ones that place such high importance on being armed.

EDIT: The War on Drugs is pointless and a huge waste of money. I hope they move away from attacking the supply and more on suppressing the demand.

Sure, it's all just kind of silly in my view. I don't think a gun prohibition would go any better than the prohibitions on drugs have, but gun nut types seem like they are desperately seeking masculinity and security which they feel they lack due to other races/scary government/police etc. Not saying all gun owners are like that, just the ones that place such high importance on being armed.

I don't think anyone would give it any extra thought if there wasn't a gradual assault on the rights to own them. No one makes a big deal about anything we take for granted that isn't regulated to death because it is a non-issue.

Historical precedence on gun control shows it comes from bad governments that eventually further remove civil rights or worse.

Being a responsible gun owner doesn't make you a man, but not having one can leave you at the mercy of a maniac/pussy who is armed.

And it is usually the maniacs who kill multiple people at once. If anything, it needs to be much harder to get guns, and no automatics should be allowed. Because I mean seriously, does anyone really need an automatic?

Mathiäs;8839571 said:
And it is usually the maniacs who kill multiple people at once.

Usually not with automatics, and always against unarmed victims. Try again.

Mathiäs;8839571 said:
If anything, it needs to be much harder to get guns, and no automatics should be allowed. Because I mean seriously, does anyone really need an automatic?

Does anyone need 90% of the shit they have? No. Should government be able to tell you what you can/can't own? No.

Laws regarding gun sales are pointless anyway since it only prevents those who already use the legal channels from obtaining them, not the criminally minded.But all this has been said before.

It is legal to own automatic weapons in Arizona (with extra paperwork, etc) the last time I checked, and it's not like everyone is walking around with Uzis and mowing each other down on a regular basis.

I have plenty of guns... and Im not done with buying guns.
It has nothing to do with my dick.
second amendment...
personal protection against all colors of man.
I dont live with my parents...
yes, I dislike Obama
There is nothing wrong with hunting. The meat is delicious.
When was the last time someone got killed with a fully automatic registered firearm?

What should we do about hunting?I think hunting is dumb and useless in the new age.

I'm a mother fucking vegetarian, and I think people should hunt. Just as long as they aren't out of state faggots that kill a deer and claim it as their trophy and don't eat the meat.

Fuck them.

Usually not with automatics, and always against unarmed victims. Try again.

Does anyone need 90% of the shit they have? No. Should government be able to tell you what you can/can't own? No.

Laws regarding gun sales are pointless anyway since it only prevents those who already use the legal channels from obtaining them, not the criminally minded.But all this has been said before.

It is legal to own automatic weapons in Arizona (with extra paperwork, etc) the last time I checked, and it's not like everyone is walking around with Uzis and mowing each other down on a regular basis.

That fact that it happens at all should be enough to stop change things. And with your logic, the government shouldn't even be allowed to enforce seat belt regulations. One of the government's priorities is to make the country safe for everyone, and allowing everyone to make it easier to kill each other doesn't help that.

The 2nd Amendment was actually needed back then; now it is outdated and pointless, let alone dangerous. There is a reason why Europe's crime rates are superior to ours.

Why isn't the 2nd Amendment needed now, though? Why do you think the government isn't corrupt enough to just take away all our rights and why do you think that the citizens shouldn't rise up if such a need existed?

My girlfriend thinks that Amendment #2 should be outlawed except for law enforcement and military and I think she is just crazy for thinking such a thing would work and not lead to full blown tyranny

I think if you were to repeal the 2nd Amendment, that you should allow the states to decide if guns should be legal or not, rather than outlawing them outright.

The right to protect yourself is tantamount to freedom in my eyes

So the GMD social thread is finally closed after almost 500 pages? Are we starting a new one or just letting it disappear?

edit: Yes, this is news to me.