Dakryn's Batshit Theory of the Week

988 for me. 11 more pages and it would be 999. Then of course the world would end. :lol:

Mathiäs;8840012 said:
That fact that it happens at all should be enough to stop change things. And with your logic, the government shouldn't even be allowed to enforce seat belt regulations. One of the government's priorities is to make the country safe for everyone, and allowing everyone to make it easier to kill each other doesn't help that.

#1. There should not be seat belt laws.
#2. Guns don't kill people, they are a deterrent to crime if anything when all sides are armed.

By your logic, everything that leads to an innocent death should be outlawed. Knives, baseball bats, swimming pools, cars, etc.

Mathiäs;8840012 said:
The 2nd Amendment was actually needed back then; now it is outdated and pointless, let alone dangerous. There is a reason why Europe's crime rates are superior to ours.

Guns don't cause crimes. Gun control does not prevent crimes. It merely creates more vulnerable victims.

If I want my body to fly violently from my vehicle then god damnit its gona fly! How else are you going to traumatize bystanders?

Personally I think that if someone is going to kill someone with a gun what would stop the from using a knife?

If I want my body to fly violently from my vehicle then god damnit its gona fly! How else are you going to traumatize bystanders?

I use seat belts. It just isn't a government responsibility to tell me I have to.

Personally I think that if someone is going to kill someone with a gun what would stop the from using a knife?

The intended victim having a gun (and training).

You take your love of negative freedoms to such extremes. It's almost admirable.

In other news looks like Scott Brown won in Massachusetts. This is really upsetting and basically my home state Massachusetts giving a giant middle finger to all the poor uninsured people of America. Massachusetts already has universal healthcare so the federal legislation wouldn't change the situation there, but by electing Brown he is going to stop the Democratic super majority. I still don't understand why the Democrats can't pass a bill with a 59-41 majority, but apparently they are that incompetent. Bush was able to start a war and cut taxes for his rich friends with less of a majority than the Democrats have.

With this and the earthquake in Haiti I'm a little burned out on depressingly awful world news. I think I'm going to make myself blissfully ignorant for a while and keep my mind on things more pertinent to myself.

I meant that as in if someone is planning on killing someone than it doesn't matter if guns are restricted or not, because they'll find another way to get the job done.

I don't think that heavy restrictions on firearms will affect anyone but people that legally own firearms and obey the rules.

About Haiti: my giveashit is broke. I'm sorry but there are poor people dying all over the world and if I remember correctly the place was a dump before the earthquake. It sort of pisses me off how everyone is like "omg they have nothing please help them" when there are many other places in the world that are the same.

Why should there be seat belt laws?

This. And what billy said.

Also, no one has suggested how Obamacare was supposed to be funded in reality. We are already massively in the red locally and federally.
Not to mention the unconstitutionality of demanding everyone be insured or pay fines.

#2. Guns don't kill people, they are a deterrent to crime if anything when all sides are armed.

By your logic, everything that leads to an innocent death should be outlawed. Knives, baseball bats, swimming pools, cars, etc.

Guns don't cause crimes. Gun control do not prevent crimes. It merely creates more vulnerable victims.

All of that is fucking bullshit. The courts do not agree with it, either. If someone breaks into your home, and you kill them, you will go to jail if you can't prove the burglar had an intent to harm you. Btw if you can't see the difference between a baseball bat and a gun you are mentally disabled.

Also, the current health care system is not sustainable, massive changes need to happen. I don't understand why people are apposed to it.

Not to mention the unconstitutionality of demanding everyone be insured or pay fines.

I'm not a fan of this either, but we gotta start paying off the debt somehow.

And I wonder if you would feel this way if you didn't have $400,000 in coverage with Tricare, Dak? Try walking in other people's shoes for once.

Real badasses kill with their hands; no gimmicks and no bullshit firearms that can turn anyone into a winner.

Two go straight into combat and the one with the most skill, physical prowess and intelligence comes out.

Mathiäs;8840012 said:
That fact that it happens at all should be enough to stop change things. And with your logic, the government shouldn't even be allowed to enforce seat belt regulations. One of the government's priorities is to make the country safe for everyone, and allowing everyone to make it easier to kill each other doesn't help that.

The 2nd Amendment was actually needed back then; now it is outdated and pointless, let alone dangerous. There is a reason why Europe's crime rates are superior to ours.

If I'm not mistaken Canadians are allowed to own firearms like we are yet they have a much lower crime/murder rate.

There is no room for violence when you have a hard enough time trying to survive living next to those old french assholes up there in Canada.

Mathiäs;8840176 said:
The courts do not agree with it, either. If someone breaks into your home, and you kill them, you will go to jail if you can't prove the burglar had an intent to harm you. Btw if you can't see the difference between a baseball bat and a gun you are mentally disabled.

What is bullshit is not being able to kill a burgler without being able to prove deadly intent. If it's dark and you get woken in the middle of the night to some random person in your house, you don't have fucking time for 20 questions and to do a lights on inspection. It is shoot first, ask questions later, or assume he will do it first.

Our courts in the last few decades have proven they care more about the criminal than the victims, so this is no surprise.

No shit there is a difference between a baseball bat and a gun, but they both get used in crimes. But neither one causes a crime.

Mathiäs;8840176 said:
Also, the current health care system is not sustainable, massive changes need to happen. I don't understand why people are apposed to it.

No one is opposed to actual industry reform (except the industry). But the bullshit bill in Congress is not real reform, it's just expanded government control of the individual.
Also, what is entirely missed is that the reason costs and medical system use is exploding is because Americans are fucking fat and unhealthy and like it.

Living unhealthy is unsustainable, no matter how the bill is being paid for.

Mathiäs;8840176 said:
I'm not a fan of this either, but we gotta start paying off the debt somehow.

So we should pay off the national debt by fining people who don't pay for health coverage? Yeah, I totally see that as sustainable. /facepalm

Mathiäs;8840176 said:
And I wonder if you would feel this way if you didn't have $400,000 in coverage with Tricare, Dak? Try walking in other people's shoes for once.

There is so much incorrect with this statement.

1. 400,000 is SGLI coverage. Life Insurance for if an active service members dies in the line of duty.

2. For active duty there is unlimited medical coverage, and close enough to it for dependents. BUT, Tricare covers dependents, and active duty expenses outside of the military medical network. I only used the medical for two surgeries while in, and it was for injuries that occurred while on duty. One of them was done at a Naval hospital so that wasn't even a Tricare expense.
One of the reasons I got out of the military was the forced vaccinations which was a part of the "free medical". Why would I want it forced on me again?

3. How about you walk in the shoes of someone who has ever had to work a job to support a family, pay the bills, vote, etc. ? I love self-righteousness from teenagers.
Or how about anyone whining about the government need to provide them with healthcare because they can't afford it, go join the military? Oh yeah, but that would require some work.

Regardless, most businesses offer health care coverage of some sort. It's already been shown that under Obamacare, many smaller businesses will be put under because they can't offer good enough coverage. Now the ones with less health care now also don't have jobs. The business is no longer paying taxes, the people are now on unemployment instead of producing/paying taxes.

The whole plan is a fail and instead of trying to explain how it isn't,the best that you can do is fail at insulting me for having been in the military. Bravo.