Dakryn's Batshit Theory of the Week

Certain liberal values are not ones I would associate with intelligence, but for the most part it's probably accurate, and I would certainly agree that religion and stupidity are directly correlated.

Certain liberal values are not ones I would associate with intelligence, but for the most part it's probably accurate, and I would certainly agree that religion and stupidity are directly correlated.

The reason religion and stupidity seem to us to be related is because (I personally believe) of the correlation between lower intelligence and the susceptibility to influential movements/schemes. Those same people who have been coerced into believing a certain religion might just have easily been coerced into adopting atheisim if atheism was the primary belief system of America and its influence was felt everywhere.

I also think it's interesting that one of the researchers involved in the study admitted that some proclamations of belief in atheisim and liberalism might stem from a desire to exhibit elitism and intelligence. If that's the case, it's practically the same as "unintelligent" people adhering to religious beliefs.

Still an interesting article, but I have to question the correlation between religious tendencies with lower IQs. I think lower intelligence makes people more susceptible to any primary influence of society.

Anyway, here's an article by Leonard Pitts. I don't typically enjoy all the material he writes, but this is a good one:

http://www.miamiherald.com/2010/02/13/1478213/dear-sarah-say-it-is-so-run-for.html

The reason religion and stupidity seem to us to be related is because (I personally believe) of the correlation between lower intelligence and the susceptibility to influential movements/schemes. Those same people who have been coerced into believing a certain religion might just have easily been coerced into adopting atheisim if atheism was the primary belief system of America and its influence was felt everywhere.

I also think it's interesting that one of the researchers involved in the study admitted that some proclamations of belief in atheisim and liberalism might stem from a desire to exhibit elitism and intelligence. If that's the case, it's practically the same as "unintelligent" people adhering to religious beliefs.

Still an interesting article, but I have to question the correlation between religious tendencies with lower IQs. I think lower intelligence makes people more susceptible to any primary influence of society.

Anyway, here's an article by Leonard Pitts. I don't typically enjoy all the material he writes, but this is a good one:

http://www.miamiherald.com/2010/02/13/1478213/dear-sarah-say-it-is-so-run-for.html

A recent event to validate your opinion:

Family commits suicide over government inaction on global warming, infant survives

I have a huge problem with the vague term "medical neglect". This probably mostly refers to not requiring vaccinations for admittance, which has more to do with the dangers/ineffectiveness of vaccines, and unfortunately religious exemption is the easiest route to take to avoid them.

Well, it is pretty ridiculous. 50 years from now, I'm sure people will look back on that kind of thing as similar to (if not more ridiculous than) threatening to beat up black people, etc.

edit: to Ein

I am also not aware of some rise in, or even existence of "military proselytizing". I remember only 4 people the entire time I was in the Marines ever asking someone else to try attending church, and the only one that I was ever aware that bothered people was one who was already picked on for being completely brain dead and lazy in every aspect.

Two of the guys were model Marines and didn't really bring it up unless someone was curious. Didn't really know the other one well.

So 4 guys in 5 years after being around hundreds to thousands of Marines. Doesn't sound like a problem big enough to bother the president about.

Yeah, I've never heard of any problems with religion in the military. However, they are right on with the faith-based initiatives bullshit.

While the RNC is using fear to advance it's own agenda, that doesn't mean that the Democratic party is any better.

Both parties are full of complete bullshit and pushing adgendas that are bad for Americans.

Any day Obama wants to stop trying to ram government control of the health industry down our throats would be awesome, not to mention giving up the illusion that government can create sustainable jobs without switching to communism.