Dakryn's Batshit Theory of the Week

#1: They aren't conservatives. They are republican fanboys, and Republicans aren't conservative.

#2: Yes they need to leave just like every other network talking head.

Fine they are Republican fanboys that think all of the mess we are in was from Obama, not Bush. Can't stand all of the network USA news when it's not even news. MSNBC with guys like Keith Olbermann and Chris Matthews are Obama fanboys, CNN is another Obama lovefest, and Fox is Republicans fanboys that think any thing a guest says is wrong.

This is true. I was present when he spoke to everyone at this base a couple of weeks ago, and when he asked for a general hand raise of who was comfortable sharing a room with a homosexual, one hand was raised, and it was a known lesbian that is in the process of being kicked out.

He also asked for a hand raise as to whether the Marines thought that changing the rule would negativily affect "good order and discipline" in the Corps. Probably about 75% of hands went up.

After these he and the Sgt Major of the MC said that this was pretty much the same response at every Marine base they had been to.
This doesn't surprise me as the military has historically been a conservative institution in Western nations. Doesn't mean they shouldn't allow gays in (I don't know if you are arguing this or not). I'm sure when they were trying to integrate the military plenty of the soldiers would've been uncomfortable living with a black man.

There is quite a bit of difference between sharing a room/shower/tent/fighting hole with someone of another color, and somone who might want to fuck you.

If the military allows homosexuals to serve openly, they need to allow men and women to share billeting (because that hasn't shown to be an issue :rolleyes:).

I find homosexuality as a practice/lifestyle repulsive, empty, and selfish. It won't lend itself to any positive aspects in the military just like it doesn't outside the military.

I have known several (relativily) open homosexuals while in the Marines, and all the ones I knew directly have had multiple discipline issues aside from their orientation. The homosexuality was just another indicator of deeper personal problems. So far only one was actually kicked out, and not so much for being homosexual as for repeated molesting of peers, which wouldn't be allowed regardless of orientation.

Edit: To be clear, I don't hate homosexuals as humans. I extremely disapprove of the lifestyle/orientation/whatever you want to call it.

I'm actually curious about your views Dakryn. You don't seem like the average fundamentalist christian who hates ("extremely disapproves" whatever) gays because God says so.

So first of all why do you think homosexuality is a lifestyle? Is being straight a lifestyle? Do you believe it is a choice to be homosexual?

Second of all what about it repulses you? Why does someone else's romantic and sexual interest concern you?

Man climbs through McDonald's drive-thru for fish

SOUTH BRUNSWICK, N.J. (AP) - Police said an impatient customer slapped a drive-thru worker at a New Jersey McDonald's because he was tired of waiting for his Filet-O-Fish sandwich. The man paid for the sandwich at the first window at the restaurant on Route 1 in South Brunswick early Sunday.

Surveillance video obtained by WNBC-TV in New York shows the man climbed out the back window of a vehicle and into the pickup window.

Police said the man told an employee he would be waiting for him, slapped him in the face and walked out of the store with the sandwich.

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20100401/D9EQFE4O2.html

I'm actually curious about your views Dakryn. You don't seem like the average fundamentalist christian who hates ("extremely disapproves" whatever) gays because God says so.

YHWH says homosexuality is as bad as murder and rape (based of the severity of punishment). "An abomination" is that strongest term used in the Bible to describe various sins, so....

To be clear I am not a "fundamentalist christian". Christians don't believe all of the Bible (although they will say they do).

So first of all why do you think homosexuality is a lifestyle? Is being straight a lifestyle? Do you believe it is a choice to be homosexual?

Second of all what about it repulses you? Why does someone else's romantic and sexual interest concern you?

It's sin, like anything else the Bible lists as sin. I don't need to go any more in depth. It's completely against the created order of nature.

I don't think it is a choice to be attracted to the opposite sex. It's a choice to act on it. Just like it's not a choice to want to kill someone. It's a choice to act on it.

As far as repulsive, see the first paragraph, and it can concern me if I am getting checked out by a gay dude.

@Cyth: Make that 2 beers. But he should have broadened that list to include those who voted for Bush, Mccain, Kerry, Clinton, etc., as well as those who voted for congressmen who approved the Patriot act.

It's sin, like anything else the Bible lists as sin. I don't need to go any more in depth. It's completely against the created order of nature.

I don't think it is a choice to be attracted to the opposite sex. It's a choice to act on it. Just like it's not a choice to want to kill someone. It's a choice to act on it.

As far as repulsive, see the first paragraph, and it can concern me if I am getting checked out by a gay dude.

@Cyth: Make that 2 beers. But he should have broadened that list to include those who voted for Bush, Mccain, Kerry, Clinton, etc., as well as those who voted for congressmen who approved the Patriot act.

If its a sin then why do animals engage in homosexual activities? They are without a doubt part of "the order of nature."

Secondly, if homosexuality is essentially a trait that one is born with, why would someone NOT act on it? Should they go through life being depressed and unhappy? Why should you, or anyone, have a say over it?

And finally, I find it much more selfish that you think people should decide that homosexuals should not work in a certain branch.

There is a fine line between being born or growing up with something and it becoming impossible to break out of your psyche, then merely killing someone, learn the difference.

If its a sin then why do animals engage in homosexual activities? They are without a doubt part of "the order of nature."

Some animals also eat their own kind. So I guess cannibalism is cool.

Secondly, if homosexuality is essentially a trait that one is born with, why would someone NOT act on it? Should they go through life being depressed and unhappy? Why should you, or anyone, have a say over it?

I don't "have a say" over it, other than that I disapprove. The first question is just ridiculous. Different people are born with pre-dispositions to do all kinds of things with negative overall outcomes. When you start putting others first, happiness will come.

And finally, I find it much more selfish that you think people should decide that homosexuals should not work in a certain branch.

Open homosexuals negatively affect military proceedings. In the military you are forced to share close quarters and tense situations with people. It creates situations where there is no trust or security in your brothers in arms.

There is a fine line between being born or growing up with something and it becoming impossible to break out of your psyche, then merely killing someone, learn the difference.

There are a lot of chemical pollutants(and foods that shouldn't be foods) today that contribute to emasculating men. So that doesn't help matters any. I am sur efor every homosexual there are slightly varying factors as to why, whether it be biologically based, or based off of poor family structure/models growing up, combinations of the two, etc.

Regardless, I am not sure why you are indignant about my opinion. The people who run around with "God hates fags" signs are just as bad as the people they hate. He doesn't hate the people, he hates the sin. There is a difference, and the ignorant, hateful people with the signs are only making things worse.

You are so fucking full of shit on this issue it's not even funny. And your extremely limited knowledge/experience dealing with homosexuals is laughably minimal and the fact that you bring the bible into a discussion of biology is even more laughable.

However, I agree with you somewhat on the military issue. Open sexuality in general doesn't really have a place on the front lines/in the workplace. However, someone should not be kicked out of the military because he is or is suspected to be gay. I mean, who gives a fucking shit if a gay dude checks you out? It shouldn't be a problem at all unless you are insecure of your own sexuality and that kind of stuff doesn't happen in combat.

There are 60000 or so gays serving in the military right now, and there doesn't seem to be any problems. You don't see any super effeminate people in the military anyway, so it's not like there would all of a sudden be a massive culture clash.

BTW, the Marine Corps contain some of the stupidest grunts I've ever met.

EDIT: Dak, how exactly does "open homosexuality" negatively affect military proceedings? I mean, it's not even allowed.