Dakryn's Batshit Theory of the Week

The Commandant of the Marine Corp (Gen Conway) was here within the last week and said there are less than 130 Marines left in Iraq, and all equipment has been removed...........of course now they are all in Afghanistan, same shit different country.

I wouldn't say that. It's better than just leaving all those troops/equipment in Iraq indefinitely, and it shows that there may be hope for an Afganistan withdrawal as well further down the road.

I wouldn't say that. It's better than just leaving all those troops/equipment in Iraq indefinitely, and it shows that there may be hope for an Afganistan withdrawal as well further down the road.

Well of course. But the Army/Air Force is still in Germany and scors of other countries. The Marine Corps exists as an offensive force, not an occupation force (though none of our forces should be for occupation).

By the time we start withdrawing from Afghanistan (which will not be for a while), the amorphous enemy of Terror will have jumped borders to another country. Half of our problems in Afghanistan (according to Gen Conway himself) stem from the fact that the US backed government is sometimes less upright than the Taliban, depending on the part of the country.

Well it says they were costs associated with an appeal. There is not enough information in that news blurb to make an accurate assement of the situation. I am assuming the father sued them and they had to appeal whatever the ruling was.

Well it says they were costs associated with an appeal. There is not enough information in that news blurb to make an accurate assement of the situation. I am assuming the father sued them and they had to appeal whatever the ruling was.

Found an article that explains it clearly:

http://www.newsmax.com/InsideCover/oreilly-marine-funeral-protesters/2010/03/30/id/354287

Basically the original court the case was taken to decided that the church would have to pay the father 11 million, but then at an appellate court they ruled that the protesters had freedom of speech etc, and that the father would also be required to pay the court fees for the church, which was $16,500.

I would need to doublecheck, but if I remember right, they were protesting like 2 blocks away (as they have to everywhere they have protested in the past few years). Either way, they have a right protest, regardless if you agree with their position or not.

The father had a baseless suit if that is the case, and should have had to pay the defendant fees for wasting their time and money in court.

Sidenote: I was in Al Anbar (and at Al-Asad Air Base, where he was deployed to as well) when that accident occured. If I remember he was in a vehicle that tried to cross a flooded wadi and they got overturned and he (and I think some others) drowned. Not his fault, but an avoidable accident.

Finally O'Reilly did something decent in his life

Uh, what did he do to deserve such a statement?

Either way, I refuse to believe he did something out of the kindness of that cholesterol encrusted pulsing slab of idiocy that keeps him running. He's probably got a massive stake in whatever it is, no doubt to gain a better political foothold.

When the fuck is that asshat leaving the country. Didn't he promise to leave if the healthcare bill passed? Maybe that was Beck, which would be even better.

I don't like it when news sources refer to the entire military as "troops." If the Army is leaving, then yes, the military is probably evacuating the entire country. If it's the Marines, then a complete departure isn't exactly what's happening. Like Dakryn said, the Marine Corps doesn't set up shop in countries for extended periods of time, that's what the Army is for.

I don't like it when news sources refer to the entire military as "troops." If the Army is leaving, then yes, the military is probably evacuating the entire country. If it's the Marines, then a complete departure isn't exactly what's happening. Like Dakryn said, the Marine Corps doesn't set up shop in countries for extended periods of time, that's what the Army is for.

What Gen Conway said is the Marine Corps is basically already out and has handed over everything to the Army, and that the Army is supposed to be mostly out within a year.

Of course the last time the Marines mostly left Iraq violence racheted back up and we had to come back. The Army couldn't fight their way out of a wet paper bag or successfully occupy it based off of Iraq or Afghanistan performance.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20100401/pl_afp/uspiracyshippingseychelles

WASHINGTON (AFP) – A US warship operating in the Indian Ocean captured five suspected pirates Thursday after an exchange of gunfire in international waters near the Seychelles, the Pentagon said.

The frigate USS Nicholas took the piracy suspects into custody after the warship sank a skiff, and confiscated a suspected mother ship, said a statement from US Naval Forces.

"While operating west of the Seychelles in international waters, Nicholas reported taking fire at 12:27 am local time from a suspected pirate skiff and returned fire before commencing pursuit of the vessel until the disabled skiff stopped," the statement said.

"At 1:59 am personnel from Nicholas boarded the disabled skiff and detained three personnel. The boarding team found ammunition and multiple cans of fuel on board."

After taking the suspected pirates on board, the Nicholas sank the disabled skiff and captured two additional suspected pirates on the confiscated mother ship.

"The suspected pirates will remain in US custody on board Nicholas until a determination is made regarding their disposition," the statement said.

The lifting of the winter monsoon in the region has spurred a fresh spate of attacks by pirates able to venture hundreds of miles from their bases and approach their prey on relatively calm seas.

The Seychelles economy relies heavily on tuna fishing and tourism and the country has had several ships hijacked since 2008.

In a separate incident, six Seychellois fishermen rescued from Somali pirates were returned home Wednesday after three days of high-seas drama which saw the Seychelles coastguard sink several pirate boats.

America...FUCK YEAH!

Yes that was him. He,O'Reilly,Hannity,and other conservatives should leave now.

#1: They aren't conservatives. They are republican fanboys, and Republicans aren't conservative.

#2: Yes they need to leave just like every other network talking head.

Police "Welfare Check" leaves woman dead

WTF.

Pentagon faces hurdle in "Don't Ask, Don't Tell" study

Last week, Gen. James Conway, commandant of the Marine Corps, said that overwhelming opposition in the Corps against repealing the ban would force him to prevent gay Marines from living with straight Marines in barracks.

This is true. I was present when he spoke to everyone at this base a couple of weeks ago, and when he asked for a general hand raise of who was comfortable sharing a room with a homosexual, one hand was raised, and it was a known lesbian that is in the process of being kicked out.

He also asked for a hand raise as to whether the Marines thought that changing the rule would negativily affect "good order and discipline" in the Corps. Probably about 75% of hands went up.

After these he and the Sgt Major of the MC said that this was pretty much the same response at every Marine base they had been to.