Dakryn's Batshit Theory of the Week

WTF!?!?
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/new...n-uniform-refused-service-in-supermarket.html

Soldier in uniform refused service in supermarket
A soldier who had just arrived home from a tour of Afghanistan was refused service at a supermarket after being told they did not serve people in Army uniform.

Sapper Anthony Walls, of the 21 Engineer Regiment, went to the Co-op in Croydon to buy beer after a gruelling 34-hour journey home from Kandahar.

The 27-year-old, said it was his 'first hour back in the real world' after four-and-a-half months helping build "the most dangerous road in Afghanistan".

But when he arrived at the till to pay he was met with a blank stare from the cashier, who refused to serve him and called for her manager.

The manager then refused to serve Sapper Walls and told him he "couldn't do anything about it."

The soldier, who was on his way to his three-year-old nephew Jack's birthday party, left his beer at the check-out and walked out.

"All I was thinking about was getting home to Jack in time to wish him a happy birthday," he said.

"It was great to be home after a difficult journey and I just thought I'd grab a couple of beers - a luxury I hadn't had in a while.

"But when I came to pay the cashier refused to serve me and rang her bell. A male supervisor came along and the cashier explained she was refusing to serve me because I was in uniform.

"He looked at me and said 'I can't do anything about it'. I put the beer down and walked out. I was shocked and deeply hurt."

Sapper Walls, who joined the Army when he was 17, said it was "tough" in Afghanistan and that he had witnessed the death of one of his best friends, Sapper Daryn Roy, who died in an IED explosion in May this year aged 28.

He added: "Sometimes the only thing that keeps you going is the support and love from home.

"I appreciate the Co-op cashier may have had her own opinions about the war, but we are just doing a job and laying our lives down for this country. A little respect and appreciation would be nice."

His sister Claire Lloyd, 33, said she was "disgusted" at her brother's treatment at the Co-op store in New Addington, Croydon, on July 17.

"I am so proud of Anthony - he works hard and willingly puts his own life on the line every day," she said. "To come home to this kind of treatment is disgusting.

"I feel he deserves an apology in person from the Co-op. Anthony and his colleagues are the unsung heroes of this country - they deserve the respect and civility extended to anyone else in a uniform."

A Co-op spokeswoman said: “This was a genuine mistake on the part of our two members of staff, and has nothing to do with anyone’s ethnicity, religion or personal views. We have apologised to the soldier in question and hope to welcome him back to the store.

“We do not have a policy that states that when wearing uniform, members of the armed forces should not be served alcohol or cigarettes and all are welcome in our stores.”

Sapper Walls flew back out to Afghanistan on Tuesday morning.

Super old news, I have ceased to become disturbed by the encroaching police state, since no one else is bothered by it until they get slammed on the ground and tasered for no reason.

fuckthepolice.jpg

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/08/11/linda-mcmahon-connecticut_n_678313.html

Linda McMahon took her Connecticut Republican Senate primary title belt to the morning shows Wednesday to talk about her victory, her plans to win in November, and of course, her colorful past as former head of World Wrestling Entertainment.

Speaking with ABC's "Good Morning America," McMahon said she expected Democrats to continue their attacks on the segments of WWE programming that were "created under the TV-14 format, not the PG format that it is today."

In a separate discussion with CNN Wednesday, McMahon said that her opponents' insistence on directing their focus toward the professional wrestling part of her life and away from the real issues had led her to victory, and might even push her through in November.

"As my opponents talked more and more about the WWE and issues that may have been relative to programming content ...instead of focusing on the issues, I talked about issues and continued to gain momentum," McMahon told CNN Wednesday morning. "If my opponents want to talk about soap opera content instead of focusing on issues, I will win again in November."

Asked if she had any regrets about the direction of the WWE, McMahon explained to "Good Morning America" that "any company, any organization, any of us as individuals would look back and say 'you know what there are things I would have done differently.'"

"What is important, I think, is where we are today and where we're going to be tomorrow," McMahon added.

McMahon emerged victorious atop a field of Republican candidates that she outspent (by spending more than $20 million), out-campaigned and beat squarely at the polls. And to carry her momentum through to a victory in November, McMahon said Wednesday that she's willing to spend an even larger chunk of her fortune.

Story continues below

"I've said from the beginning that I would spend what it would take for the people of Connecticut to know who I am and what I stand for," McMahon told "Good Morning America." "It's money I've earned, it's money I'm willing to invest to be a public servant for the people of Connecticut."

Does that mean McMahon would go as far as to spend $50 million of her own money in her quest for a Senate seat?

"Well, what I want to do is to make sure that I don't have to sacrifice any of my independence," McMahon said. "I'm not going to take any special interest money or any PAC money, and when I get to Washington I want to be the voice of the people of Connecticut and not owe special favors."

Some more senate race news.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5hkJCPUIE1XSCNSmqBExWfpYOvXnwD9HHGGVG0

WASHINGTON — Hard pressed for good news this election season, President Barack Obama's Democrats claim to see a silver lining in the Republicans' choice of political novices, sometimes mistake-prone, for critical Senate races.
Snubbing the GOP establishment's recruits, Republicans this week chose Ken Buck in Colorado, a county prosecutor who insulted his tea party backers and talks about significantly reducing the Education Department, and Linda McMahon in Connecticut, a former World Wrestling Entertainment executive shown on video kicking her performers in the crotch.
Those two join tea party-preferred candidates Rand Paul in Kentucky and Sharron Angle in Nevada, campaigners who have struggled with embarrassing missteps and cable-ready gaffes.
"Whatever folks say about the general atmospherics, the tea party takeover of the Republican Party is really producing real millstones for them," Democratic Party Chairman Tim Kaine said in an interview Wednesday. He called Buck, McMahon, Paul and Angle "wacky" with "ideas about the role of government that are way outside of the mainstream, that are just going to be offensive to people."
Anyway, that's what the Democrats hope. They argue their experienced candidates have the upper hand in general election match-ups with these untested folks.
Sen. John Cornyn, the head of the GOP Senate campaign committee, doesn't buy it.
"That's wishful thinking on their part," he said in an interview. "This election's going to be about jobs, spending and debt." And on those measures, Cornyn said, Democrats will lose because it's Obama's policies that are "outside of the mainstream and extreme." He accused Democrats of trying to change the subject by tearing down GOP candidates who were nominated. "Every single one of them is on the side of the American people," said Cornyn.
This is no ordinary year.
An anti-establishment fervor has swept the country. Voters are down on lawmakers of all political stripes. In a June Associated Press-GfK poll, only a little over a third said they'd like to re-elect their own congressman, while more than half said they want someone else. Just a quarter of the public approved of the Democratic-controlled Congress. Other surveys show support in the teens.
At a time of animosity toward Washington, is political experience really such a plus?
Out-of-power Republicans seem to have enthusiasm on their side, fueled in part by tea party activists. On Tuesday, for example, 406,588 Republicans voted in Colorado's Senate primary while 338,184 Democrats cast ballots in their contest, sobering numbers for Democrats looking ahead to November when turnout will be critical.
As they did earlier to Paul and Angle, Democrats wasted little time Wednesday in portraying both McMahon and Buck as extreme.
Sen. Robert Menendez of New Jersey, who leads the Senate Democrats' campaign effort, disparaged McMahon as "a corporate CEO" who "built an empire peddling violent, sexually explicit material that glorified the exploitation of women and the mentally disabled."
In turn, Cornyn of Texas called McMahon a self-made businesswoman and a "political outsider with a fresh perspective." He castigated Democratic state attorney general and rival Richard Blumenthal as a "career politician."
"Career politician." Fighting words in this election year.
Bennet, the Colorado Democrat who was appointed to the Senate and is seeking his first full term, proudly declared in his own primary victory speech:
"This election was the first time my name has ever appeared on a ballot."
Never mind that his campaign was run by experienced operatives. And ignore the crowing from the Democratic National Committee, which promoted the fact that Obama's Organizing for America made 11,500 calls and knocked on nearly 3,500 doors in the final four days on behalf of the senator. Democrats plan a unity rally in Denver on Thursday that includes defeated primary candidate Andrew Romanoff.
Democrats insist that because of the candidates the Republicans are nominating, Obama's party now has an excellent chance to hold onto or, in the case of GOP-held Kentucky, pick up seats that were considered in jeopardy or out of reach at the start of the year.
But polls in Kentucky show Paul, the Republican, comfortably leading state Attorney General Jack Conway, the Democrat, less than three months before the election to succeed retiring GOP Sen. Jim Bunning.
And surveys show hotly contested races in Nevada, where Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid is unpopular and trying to fend off the upstart Angle, and in Colorado where Bennet is up against Buck.
In Connecticut, Blumenthal leads McMahon, but polls show his hefty advantage has shrunk this summer and McMahon — a wealthy candidate willing to spend millions — appears to be gaining steam.
If these Republicans are as deeply flawed as Democrats say they are, why are the contests so competitive?

http://www.fark.com/cgi/go.pl?i=5552508

23) Saul Alinsky
23) Bill Clinton
23) Hillary Clinton
19) Michael Moore
19) George Soros (8)
19) Alger Hiss (8)
19) Al Sharpton (8)
13) Al Gore (9)
13) Noam Chomsky (9)
13) Richard Nixon (9)
13) Jane Fonda (9)
13) Harry Reid (9)
13) Nancy Pelosi (9)
11) John Wilkes Booth (10)
11) Margaret Sanger (10)
9) Aldrich Ames (11)
9) Timothy McVeigh (11)
7) Ted Kennedy (14)
7) Lyndon Johnson (14)
5) Benedict Arnold (17)
5) Woodrow Wilson (17)
4) The Rosenbergs (19)
3) Franklin Delano Roosevelt (21)
2) Barack Obama (23)
1) Jimmy Carter (25)

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...yLTkDw&usg=AFQjCNEOx1cDAc0MbxyTlRQqVedc6WMUdA

Ben Quayle, son of former Vice President Dan Quayle and Republican contender for Arizona's third congressional district, raised his primary campaign profile this week with a provocative ad (see video below) accusing Barack Obama of being "the worst president in history."

Skip to next paragraph
Recent posts
Was President Obama right to speak out on the Ground Zero mosque?
How listening helped Kenya's peaceful vote
China's powerhouse economy: Will it eventually be No. 1?
A supersized attack on McDonald's Happy Meal toys
A proposed tax jumps the gun on reunification of North and South Korea
.Presidential historians often rank James Buchanan the worst American president, largely due to his weak leadership while acrimony between the North and South intensified before the Civil War. Another frequent pick is Andrew Johnson, who succeeded Abraham Lincoln with controversial Reconstruction policies.

Among modern presidents, George W. Bush is deemed by historians worst; he was ranked 39th (out of 43) in a 2010 Siena College poll.

Who do you think is the worst US president in history – and why?

That's even worse than the "Super Size Me" or "Bowling For Columbine" shit. That said, I am American and I definitely can't name 2 members of the Supreme Court and I can name all 7 of the dwarves.