Dakryn's Batshit Theory of the Week

Can somebody please explain to me why Turkey is getting so bent out of shape over the U.S. accusation of genocide?

1) What the fuck else do you call killing 1,500,000 people.
2) It happened 90 years ago. Who gives a fuck anymore?
3) The U.S. is only the 23rd country to come out with this statement. Why the big deal over us in particular?

because theyre supposed to be our ally. we have a rather large air force base in turkey. would you help a friend who insults you? also, theyre about to start schwacking kurds in northern iraq, where we obviously have an interest. so us calling it genocide right before they start killing people might concern them a bit.
~gR~

Hm, I guess it does look like the U.S. government went out of their way to make that resolution. I'm really not sure what the context of it was, if there was one at all.

I think this is a case of reality and morality clashing with pragmatism and I am conflicted. Obvious it was a genocide and should be condemned as such, but Turkey will be irrational about this, and we don't need to create any ill will when we don't really have to.

Bush Warns of ‘WWIII’ if Iran Goes Nuclear
"So I've told people that, if you're interested in avoiding World War III, it seems like you ought to be interested in preventing them from having the knowledge necessary to make a nuclear weapon."

http://breitbart.tv/html/6868.html

So here's a biased video relating to American public schools, which I we had a debate about. I think he brings up good points, but ultimately fails to cite statistics (the most he every does is say "got better" or "got worse"), uses poor analogies and descends into the absurd when he basically calls teachers' unions communists.

Last edited by a moderator:
BBC posted:

Monkeys kill Delhi deputy mayor

The deputy mayor of the Indian capital Delhi died on Sunday after being attacked by a horde of wild monkeys.

SS Bajwa suffered serious head injuries when he fell from the first-floor terrace of his home on Saturday morning trying to fight off the monkeys.

The city has long struggled to counter its plague of monkeys, which invade government complexes and temples, snatch food and scare passers-by.

The High Court demanded the city find an answer to the problem last year.

Solution elusive

One approach has been to train bands of larger, more ferocious langur monkeys to go after the smaller groups of Rhesus macaques.

The city has also employed monkey catchers to round them up so they can be moved to forests.

But the problem has persisted.

Culling is seen as unacceptable to devout Hindus, who revere the monkeys as a manifestation of the monkey god Hanuman, and often feed them bananas and peanuts.

Urban development around the city has also been blamed for destroying the monkeys' natural habitat.

Mr Bajwa, a member of the opposition Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP), is survived by his wife and a son, according to the Press Trust of India news agency.

Original article here.