Dakryn's Batshit Theory of the Week

New species found off the coast of Hawaii, and is being described as a cross between an octopus & squid.

Click here for story

In other news, give or take another 40 years (say experts) the polar bear will be extinct, as will most of the great apes. To add on top of that, there are already about 4,000 species red listed for extinction.

But hey, the economic forces that drive civilization are more important than the state of the world and species that help regulate it.

Right?

http://www.signs-of-the-times.org/articles/show/141266-Moscow:+10-yr-old+commits+suicide+after+paren

Moscow: 10-yr-old commits suicide after parental ban on computer games

SpiritIndia.com
Sat, 06 Oct 2007 10:38 EDT
UK & Euro-Asian News
French President Sarkozy to make first visit to Moscow
Killer of Russian journalist is known, editor says
Greece blames neighbor Turkey for spike in illegal immigration
Switzerland reeling as radicals create havoc at rightwing political rally
Far-right Swiss party divides nation on immigrant issue
Slain Russian writer remembered

A 10-year-old school boy committed suicide by jumping from his 19th floor apartment here after his parents banned him from playing computer games.

Andrei Smirnov, a class three student, jumped to his death yesterday after receiving the wrath of his parents due to bad conduct in school and a poor performance in studies.

The boy's class teacher had written remarks about his bad conduct in the school diary which he had tried to erase to escape the wrath of his parents, according to Komsomolskaya Pravda tabloid.

Angered by the teacher's remarks and their son's attempt to deceive them, Andrei's parents banned him from playing games on his computer.

Local experts here have expressed concern over the unhealthy dependence of children on computers.

According to Director of Centre for Legal Psychological Assistance Mikhail Vinogradov, children who are banned from using their computers could easily resort to suicide, since they do not realise the consequences of taking the extreme step.

Comment: The child was banned from playing computer games and took his life. As parents and as societies, do we provide our children with reasons to live for,for oppurtunities to be creative and enhance their self-worth, their self esteem? The answer for the vast majority unfortunately, is No. It is the price all humans pay under pathocracy, since some of its characteristics are the

1. suppression of individualism and creativity
2. impoverishment of artistic values
3. impoverishment of moral values; a social structure based on self-interest and one-upmanship, rather than altruism.

And make no mistake. The world currently is ruled by pathocrats.

I have no idea, neither wikipedia or dictionary.com yielded any results.

That Smirnov Ice kid is stupid though.

I went 18 days once without any modern amenities: computer, playstation, music, TV, masturbation, newspaper, etc. and seriously the thing that I missed the most by far was music. What ended up happening was that I had 3 songs stuck in my head at one time as if my brain was trying to make up for the lack of music.

I went 2 weeks without metal when I went to Europe (excluding the plan rides). I didn't feel any withdrawal symptoms.

I went 18 days once without any modern amenities: computer, playstation, music, TV, masturbation, newspaper, etc. and seriously the thing that I missed the most by far was music. What ended up happening was that I had 3 songs stuck in my head at one time as if my brain was trying to make up for the lack of music.

18 days?!? what the fuck happened? were you stationed in a submarine or something?

ug, why? 50 years ago this wouldnt have happened. i just cant comprihend this sort of behavior.

this kid obviously had problems though. i feel sorry for him. being institutionalized is enough to drive a person over the edge. having seen my mother go through that shit 3 (4? i stopped keeping track) times, ive notice that those places only make things worse. and combine the harm those places do with an angsty teenager, and its no wonder he shot people.

whats sad is, that kid was probably brilliant. crazy, but brilliant

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20071011/ap_on_re_us/school_shooting
~gR~