Dakryn's Batshit Theory of the Week

and thats why religion still exists...

"invisible guy in the sky created everything? OK! after all, youre the expert"
~gR~

Most people like handing off personal responsibility in all areas, religion takes advantage of this as much as a lot of science (especially "science" involving health).

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/29971638/

Man charged with drunk driving on bar stool
Cops: 28-year-old wrecked stool powered by a deconstructed lawn mower

NEWARK, Ohio - A 28-year-old man has been charged with drunken driving after crashing his motorized bar stool, Ohio authorities said.

Police in Newark, 30 miles east of Columbus, say when they responded to a report of a crash with injuries on March 4, they found a man who had wrecked a bar stool powered by a deconstructed lawn mower.

Police released the 911 tapes, revealing the calm exchange between the driver's friend and the dispatcher.

"I got a friend who wrecked a bar stool," the caller said.

When asked by the dispatcher whether he hit his head inside the bar, the friend replied, "Um, no, he was riding the bar stool ... a motorized bar stool."

Kile Wygle, the bar-stool rider, was hospitalized for minor injuries.

During an interview after his crash, Wygle told the reporter, "I drank quite a bit after I wrecked."

Police say he was charged with operating a vehicle while intoxicated after he told an officer at the hospital that he had consumed 15 beers.

Wygle told police his motorized bar stool can go up to 38 mph.

Wygle has pleaded not guilty and has requested a jury trial.

090331-bar-stool-dui-hmed-tease.300w.jpg

Kanye says 'South Park' put him in check
AP, Apr 9, 2009 5:00 pm PDT
"South Park" may have accomplished the impossible — getting Kanye West to check his ego.

The Comedy Central show skewered the famously self-important rapper on its show Wednesday night, painting him as a narcissistic figure so out of touch with reality he couldn't even take a (very politically incorrect) joke.

West's love of himself and his work has been almost as integral to his image as his music: Just last year, he told The Associated Press that he was the "voice of this generation." Also recently, he was quoted as saying his greatest regret was not being able to see himself perform live.

Yet, on his blog Thursday, West appeared chastened, and ready to turn over a new leaf.

In typical all-caps mode, he wrote: "SOUTH PARK MURDERED ME LAST NIGHT AND IT'S PRETTY FUNNY. IT HURTS MY FEELINGS BUT WHAT CAN YOU EXPECT FROM SOUTH PARK! I ACTUALLY HAVE BEEN WORKING ON MY EGO THOUGH. HAVING THE CRAZY EGO IS PLAYED OUT IN MY LIFE AND CAREER."

West said that he started stroking his ego long ago to build up his self esteem — but he now realizes he needs to "GET PAST MYSELF."

In the self-reflective post, he said that people won't take him seriously if he keeps it up (perhaps referring to his well-documented meltdowns at awards shows when he didn't win what he expected).

"I JUST WANT TO BE A DOPER PERSON WHICH STARTS WITH ME NOT ALWAYS TELLING PEOPLE HOW DOPE I THINK I AM," he said.

And perhaps to show that he's really serious about making that change, he provided a link to one of the most biting moments from the "South Park" show, and thanked the writers as well.

ABOUT FUCKING TIME

I'm interested to see how this plays out. It would be cool of the EU is able to keep its member states in line on personal freedom issues.

EU Says UK Privacy Laws Lacking
European watchdogs say Britain needs to impose stricter controls on targeted Internet advertising.

By K.C. Jones, InformationWeek
April 14, 2009

The European Commission has taken steps to sue the United Kingdom over targeted advertising rules it says violate EU privacy laws.

The European Commission told the United Kingdom that its laws on so-called Phorm technology, which enables ISPs to track Web surfing for behavioral ads, aren't stringent enough to prevent companies from obtaining personal data on Internet users without their consent.

"Technologies like Internet behavioral advertising can be useful for businesses and consumers but they must be used in a way that complies with EU rules," Viviane Reding, EU telecommunications commissioner, said in a statement Tuesday. "We have been following the Phorm case for some time and have concluded that there are problems in the way the U.K. has implemented parts of the EU rules on the confidentiality of communications."

Internet users have complained to the commission that "Phorm" was tested without clear user consent. U.K. laws apply only to "intentional" gathering of personal information and require companies to have "reasonable grounds for believing" that users have given their consent. EU laws require clear consent.

"I call on the U.K. authorities to change their national laws and ensure that national authorities are duly empowered and have proper sanctions at their disposal to enforce EU legislation on the confidentiality of communications," Reding said.

If the United Kingdom does not strengthen its laws, the commission can issue a final warning, and then take the country to court to try to force it to change its laws so they comply with EU laws.

InformationWeek will be highlighting innovative government IT organizations in an upcoming issue. Nominate your agency by submitting an essay on your most innovative IT initiative completed in the last year. Find out more, and nominate your organization by May 1.

http://www.technewsworld.com/story/Google-Polishes-Up-Android-15-Dev-Kit-66804.html

Celente Calls for Intellectual Revolution as the only Solution

"The 'Intellectual Revolution' must be waged on the battlefield of the mind," said Celente. "Americans are doomed unless they kick the junk news habit, deprogram themselves from celebrity worship, refuse to blindly follow political leaders and question all ideological dogmas ... especially their own.

"For the revolution to succeed, people must repudiate the one-headed, two party system, and learn to think for themselves," said Celente.