Dakryn's Batshit Theory of the Week

This is archaelogy I can get behind.

Should we dig up Shakespeare’s body to find out if he smoked pot?

http://io9.com/5816134/should-we-dig-up-shakespeares-body-to-find-out-if-he-smoked-pot

He first brought the subject into the academic community with a 2001 study that discovered trace evidence of marijuana in pipe fragments found in what had once been Shakespeare's garden. It's an interest result, and cannabis was grown in England in the Elizabethan era, but it's hardly evidence that Shakespeare wrote while high. (For that, Thackeray points to things like an allusion to a "noted weed" in Sonnet 76, which if anything is even less convincing.)

I think the idiots who smoke marijuana have every right to do so, just like the idiots who drink (like myself) or do crack (like DD) have the right to do so.

The concept of Government should have nothing to do with completely individual based entertainment and merriment.

We agree on something! Yeah, unless one's recreation is harmful to others, they have every right to do it. However, enslavement and killing is happening in Mexico for the sake of delivering bud, but that's only because it's illegal and in high demand, so naturally there's going to be people willing to harm others for money.

I read about the bill a while ago. Fuck yeah! 4/20 next year is going to be epic.

I'd rather see the theories that Shakespeare didn't write his work be investigated

It's been investigated. There is some interesting evidence concerning manuscripts and signatures, but most significant Shakespeare scholars think the whole think is bollocks. Wikipedia offers a good start to the debate: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shakespeare_Conspiracy

And, in my personal (and non-professional) opinion, the authorship of the Shakespeare documents is of no great consequence to the works themselves. The only way it could possibly be important is if it reveals some kingdom-wide royal conspiracy (which is what Roland Emmerich's new film is about).

I remember reading something about Francis Bacon potentially ghost writing Shakespeare, among others, as part of a conspiracy to define the English language and take it to the next level, for nationalistic purposes.

I'm fairly sure there are magnitudes of difference between being an actual idiot in regards to historical facts vs. just being a person who makes contentious, sometimes poor decisions.

I'm fairly sure there are magnitudes of difference between being an actual idiot in regards to historical facts vs. just being a person who makes contentious, sometimes poor decisions.

Doesn't matter when both are bought. Also, "facts" gets thrown around way to much, considering what most people consider facts are often in conflict with one another, do tongue subjectivity of perspective.

For example, people who think Foxnews or MSNBC are unbiased, fact based sources of information and "facts".