• About as good as Haven

Votes: 33 18.5%
  • Worse than Haven

Votes: 10 5.6%
  • The worst album they ever did

Votes: 6 3.4%

• Total voters
Originally posted by phyre
...Projector is pretty much as good, but not in the same way. I worship it, but I tend to listen to it less nowadays. I never seem to tire of TMI (and I've even learnt to like "Dissolution Factor Red!" Hooray for me!)

have you "learnt to like" or "grow to like" ?? Because one implies the song growing on you and one implies an unnatural taste for it...

Originally posted by Siren
Well, i was _this_ close from saying it's their best ever, but maybe it's the enthusiasm. Only time will tell.
But i think it's definitely better than Haven, so i voted for that.
My thoughts exactly ;)

I just received mine, it's fucking beautiful!
I don't wonder why this song was picked as the video, it rocks big time!

" Damage Done is..."
Pretty damn good, but also very over-rated. Hell of a lot better than R2R though.

Originally posted by Salamurhaaja

What makes you say that?

I don't want to start a huge thing over this, because I like this album a lot. But I think it could be overated just because it itsn't as technical as say the gallery. Of course comparing albums to their predecessors can be stupid and meaningless...eh whatever. I like this album a LOT because as always its Dark tranquillity, its original and a good listen... Id give it and 8 or 8.5 out of 10. Opeth being the perfect 10 for which all comparisons are made.

Originally posted by SADUDE
No but it should be a big factor.

Give one good reason for this statement?
I am rather confused by it.
I asume you are comparing DT to Opeth, which is not really worth it, they are far too different, to me Opeth is nothing but extremely long and boring songs and I am saddened by the fact that I have 3 albums from them, although I rather like BWP.

And I can safely bet you that DT could write songs like that, but what would be the point. Lyric whise DT has always been far superior to anything Opeth has done and musically comparing them is not really worth it, there is no point dragging a song on for 9-20 (?!?) minutes, when you can do it just as well under 6 minutes.
Now I am not saying you shouldn't write long songs, that fine, but it gets real boring after you listen to more than 3 songs like that, not to mention it seems like they are trying to prove something which doesn't needed proving.

Oh well, different strokes for different folks I guess.

Nah, don't wanna start anything of the sorts, I think comparing the 2 is not really smart, they are just a bit too different.

Ok...In the defense of Opeth, not a comparison between the two bands. Opeth bogring and songs drag on? hahahahahahahha. Well I have a pretty good grasp on music theory and classical music techniques and by that I saw Opeth is AMAZING. Everthing they do. THey are spontaneous and unpredictable and their knowledge of their instruments is beyond most. If you were a musician which I assume you aren't by your statement, you would know Opeth is out of this world. My bass teacher who is more of a jazz/fusion guy hates metal but loves opeth minus the vocals hehe. That in itself is amazing to me because this guy shreds more than probably any metal guy could. But comparing style is rediculous. I just think Opeth has everything Dark Tranquillity does + more. Besides I gave Damage Done a good rating. No you cant compare them from style but there ar eother ways. And I don't really want to go there because ther eis no point. I just believe Opeth has everything a band should. I mean those prog metal guys might be able to play better but I don't care cause I can't stand their songs. I just think Opeth would appeal to the musician and non-musician equally. But you have your opinion. Opeth are a milestone for metal, and way ahead of their time.