Damn Im Drunk - The Mexican Version

General Zod

Ruler of Australia
May 1, 2001
New Jersey
www.facebook.com
Day 6... assuming this is Thursday. Started to pour at the beach at noon. Not enough topless senoritas any way. No great loss. Headed for the Tequilla Barrell. Cool place. Been going there for years. Had too much rum and coke. Kicked back with a Cuban cigar and watched the hotties parade by... Spanish, German, Italian... yum. Good stuff. Ended up in some little restaurant. Waiter talked us into some special margarita. And now I be drunk.

So far, it´s been rainier (is that a word?) than usual, but who cares? The rain is just an excuse to run into a bar. Went to some little town called Akumal yesterday. Found this restaurant up on a cliff and watched the ocean for hours, while listening to the iPod and reading the Davinici Code (sp?). Cool book. Just finished it. Started off with Devins Ocean Machine. It seemed appropriate. Been playing the hell out of the new Amorphis. It tis the shit. The 1st entry in my Top 10 o 2006. Also been kicking up...

Tiamat
Sanctuary
Fields of Nephilim
Vanden Plas
probably other stuff, but as the thread title states... Im drunk

Wore both an Opeth and a Primordial t-shirt around town, hoping that maybe someone would recognize it and Id have someone to talk music with. No such luck. One dude was wearing a Clayman era In Flames shirt. But he looked 17. Oh well.

Anyway, that is all. :kickass:

Zod

Oh yeah. Found a bad ass tattoo artist. Going to get some fresh ink the Saturday before I leave. Should be totally fucking cool. Hes drawing up an original piece of artwork to cover up the tattoo on my right shoulder. If I don´t care for it, I have something in mind for my left leg. Should be quite cool. Ill post pics when I return.

Zod

Dark One said:
Cool - I didn't even know you could tattoo over another tattoo effectively.

oh aye, depends what it is to how dificult it is
but i've seen some amazing ones
designed a few myself, mostly tribal things by tracing the existing tattoo and then using the existing shape as a basis for the new design

whats realy amazing is when you see a mess covered by a masterpiece by a really good artist

zod get some before and after shots man

Dark One said:
Cool - I didn't even know you could tattoo over another tattoo effectively.
Yep. Some artists specialize in cover-ups. The tattoo on m right shoulder is a tribal sun that was poorly done. That was a tough lesson learned. Since then, I've always made it a point to find an artist who I want to do work for me, and then have him draw something original for me. The problem with the tattoo on my right shoulder, in respect to a cover-up, is that there's a lot of black ink. For obvious reasons, it's tougher to cover black. To cover this up, I'm going to end up with a very large piece on my right arm... which is fine by me I actually have two artists working on cover ups. I'll pick whichever I like best. If neither is worth doing, I'm getting something Mayan/Tribal on my left leg. This dude is so talented, it will be an honor to carry his artwork with me. I'm pretty psyched.

Zod

Demonspell said:
I'd never get one myself, but creative and non-trendy tattooing does kick ass.
Agreed. I got my first right before it got trendy. I've always had them put on places on my body where people won't see them unless I want them viewed. As I see it, they're for me, not to impress complete strangers.

Zod

im drunk as a skunk and twice as smelly

This forum requires that you wait 20 seconds between posts. Please try again in 1 seconds.