Damnation and a Day

Damnation and a day was not as bad as i expected it to be. I actually liked some of the songs alot...for example Better Reign in Hell, Serpent Tounge, and a few others were REALLY good! but also some songs where just fill-ins.
As for the female vox, i didnt like it as much as on Cruelty and the Beast and Midian, but it was ok. Is this a "what do you think about the new cof cd damnation and a day" thread or "what is you fav cof album" thread? wtf?!

It's a what do you think of Damnation and a Day thread, plus what's your fave album if you want to post it on here. :err:

Overproduced trad. metal featuring terribly fragmented Maiden-ish riffing. Synths sound cheap and they're overused. Vocals resemble the shrieks Gilbert Gottfried would generate if he suffered an assraping with a cattle prod. Lyrics are cheesy, erotigoth crap. Not my cup of tea.

Demiurge said:
Overproduced trad. metal featuring terribly fragmented Maiden-ish riffing. Synths sound cheap and they're overused. Vocals resemble the shrieks Gilbert Gottfried would generate if he suffered an assraping with a cattle prod. Lyrics are cheesy, erotigoth crap. Not my cup of tea.
Dont you think some people actually like that album? Im not trying to start an argument but, man keep your opinions to yourself! :err:

Immortal Curse said:
Dont you think some people actually like that album? Im not trying to start an argument but, man keep your opinions to yourself! :err:

If people kept their opinions to themselves, it would kinda defeat the purpose of the message board, don't you think?

What do I care if some people like the album? I think it sucks. Didn't you ever consider that some people disliked the album? Did you somehow not notice that the initial post invited us to share our thoughts?

Go be a whiny, fragile cunt somewhere other than my intellectual vicinity.

Demiurge said:
If people kept their opinions to themselves, it would kinda defeat the purpose of the message board, don't you think?

What do I care if some people like the album? I think it sucks. Didn't you ever consider that some people disliked the album? Did you somehow not notice that the initial post invited us to share our thoughts?

Go be a whiny, fragile cunt somewhere other than my intellectual vicinity.
Well you could of said "I dislike the album", not "This album f**king sucks"......fuck off nazi punk

Immortal Curse said:
Well you could of said "I dislike the album", not "This album f**king sucks"......fuck off nazi punk

Oops, my avatar has offended a good, PC metalhead. I'd best change it before its connotations offend more.

I do not say that it "sucks" in my initial post that started this mess. It does suck plenty though.

Words cannot describe what a snivelling shithead you are.

It wasn't an insult, dawg.

It was stated fact. Further proven by your quasi-intellectual attempt at a comeback.

If I wanted my comeback, I would have scraped it off your mom's teeth.

The first time I heard cradle of filth, was the first time I heard black metal. I was convinced I hated it. But now that I've been exposed to a bit more of it I realize that I simply hate cradle of filth. Damnation and a day is a complete travesty. The lyrics, which are actually decently written, are just destroyed by the singer who COMPLETELY FAILS to put any emotion behind them at all. The finer moments in the cd are actually instrumental fillers courtesy of the orchestra and they don't last nearly long enough before the band starts playing and basically rape your ear lobes. The riffs are boring, the drumming is nothing special, and the music isn't moving or even well arranged. It sounds like a mess that's trying to sound like an epic masterpiece. The one decent moment in the cd is performed by the backing female vocalist and is way too short lived.

The only cd I've been able to stomach from this band so far has been dusk and her embrace and even it is borderline. I kid you not when I say this- damnation and a day almost ruined black metal for me...again. I've given up trying to like this band. Why should I try when I can just pop in emperor, or bathory, or satyricon! Even dimmu borgir make c.o.f. look like a joke, and they couldn't write an orchestral arrangement if their lives depended on it, but at least they don't make me feel like cutting my ears off.

I must be the only one here that thinks CoF have seriously run out of ideas with this one. Their goth-bm schtick has worn seriously thin at this stage, and their music's lack of depth has finally caught up with them. Usually they at least have a catchiness to them them, but this doesnt even have that. the orchestra is wasted on pointless filler so we're left with the usual cheap synths in the songs much of the time. Seriously mediocre and a wasted opportunity to really fulfil their promise on a major label.