Damnation -vinyl

PomppoK

New Metal Member
Sep 27, 2005
Finland
I was wondering if anyone had info about the amount of this limited release of Damnation? In a record store they said that manufacturing has been stopped a while ago, so, not so hopeful with getting my own mint record anymore. Some lad asked for 156$ for used (VG+) copy, makes me wonder if...

And no, you don't need to tell me you've got this record, and that how great does it sound on vinyl and so on..... :)

PomppoK said:
I was wondering if anyone had info about the amount of this limited release of Damnation? In a record store they said that manufacturing has been stopped a while ago, so, not so faithful with getting my own mint record anymore. Some lad asked for 156$ for used (VG+) copy, makes me wonder if...

And no, you don't need to tell me you've got this record, and that how great does it sound on vinyl and so on..... :)
I saw it not to long ago at a record store in Australia, I think they were asking for $50 bucks for the vinyl. You might be lucky if you search old record stores, they sometime stock new vinyls. Or other alternative is looking on Ebay, but it would cost an arm and a leg from those guy's.

PomppoK said:
I was wondering if anyone had info about the amount of this limited release of Damnation? In a record store they said that manufacturing has been stopped a while ago, so, not so hopeful with getting my own mint record anymore. Some lad asked for 156$ for used (VG+) copy, makes me wonder if...

Ebay my friend. Someone is currently selling there entire Opeh LP collection.....I'd love BWP but it's like 150 USD.

blackwater_demon said:
Ebay my friend. Someone is currently selling there entire Opeh LP collection.....I'd love BWP but it's like 150 USD.

Checked Ebay earlier on and didn't notice any copy of Damnation -vinyl. :confused:

And yes, I'd need to give them leg and arm, cos I don't have such money, neither a credit card.

Does anyone know if the release was 'really' limited, like 5,000 copies and that's it, or that they just stopped the manufacturing in some point?

PomppoK said:
Checked Ebay earlier on and didn't notice any copy of Damnation -vinyl. :confused:

And yes, I'd need to give them leg and arm, cos I don't have such money, neither a credit card.

Does anyone know if the release was 'really' limited, like 5,000 copies and that's it, or that they just stopped the manufacturing in some point?
Useally new vinyl's have a certain limit to them til they stop making them. But even with 5,000 copies that still pretty low. I remember not the long ago Tool releasing Laturalus on there website, you could alway check out the official website of Opeth and see if they are selling them there.

i'm sure i saw this as a pic disc vinyl too, anyone know for sure.

i think any old opeth vinyl is a keenly sought after item

black_tooth_grin said:
Useally new vinyl's have a certain limit to them til they stop making them. But even with 5,000 copies that still pretty low. I remember not the long ago Tool releasing Laturalus on there website, you could alway check out the official website of Opeth and see if they are selling them there.

OT:
Is it now released? Lateralus, I mean. I remember seeing such news too, but can't remember the release date, nor seen any here in Finland. Gotta buy it as it's still officially available.

gogsi said:
http://web.axelero.hu/gogsi/opeth_vinyl2.jpg

*uck you..... :)

Ok. Thanks for that Ebay-link, but it gets lil too difficult without credit card. I guess it's not SO rare/wanted record I couldn't pass any offer.

The Lateralus vinyl came out about 2 weeks ago. I picked up a copy from Rocking Horse Records in Brisbane, Australia. Pretty pricey (AU$65), but in a few years i'm sure it will be worth it.

Also, if you are in Brisbane, AU, Rocking Horse Records has the picture disk editions (Limited to 2000 copies) of Orchid, Morningrise, and MAYH for AU$59.95.

And the standard edition of MAYH for AU$49.95. Too expensive for me.

Oh yeah, they also have GR vinyl for a ridiculous AU$34!

Steedus said:
Also, if you are in Brisbane, AU, Rocking Horse Records has the picture disk editions (Limited to 200 copies) of Orchid, Morningrise, and MAYH for AU$59.95.

It must be a mistype. Of course these releases was limited to 2000 copies...