Question about the Damnation recording session??

flamin-gitaur

New Metal Member
Apr 25, 2007
First of all, I'm new to this forum, so Hello to all-

I've really been diggin the Damnation album lately, what an incredible album that is, I don't have the words to accurately describe it other than WOW, I would have to say Hope Leaves is my favorite track, tho all of them kick ass!!! But being the studio geek that I am, was wondering if anyone knew what mic(s) and mic preamps were used to record the vocal tracks on that album. I'm suspecting a Neumann U87 mic from what I can gather from photos, but I'm not sure. I would really appreciate any info.

Thanks-
Flamin'

I thought they used U67's.... I can't remember though, it's been a while since I've seen photos. No idea about what preamps they used, though I definitely would be interested to know all of the equipment used.

I thought they used U67's.... I can't remember though, it's been a while since I've seen photos. No idea about what preamps they used, though I definitely would be interested to know all of the equipment used.

It could very well be a U67, they look practically identical.

Try waching 'The Making of Deliverance & Damnation' documentary.
Perhaps it will help?

Thanks, that looks like a cool video, I just hope I can find it for sale somewhere near by.

Cheers :D
Flamin'

After a few passes of the DVD, I have to say that it's nearly impossible to tell. Pretty impossibleto tell those mics apart, especially at the distance the footage was shot.

But, being a resourceful guy, and knowing that they recorded at Studio Fredman, I checked their equipment list. Unless something happened (which I doubt), it's a U67.

After a few passes of the DVD, I have to say that it's nearly impossible to tell. Pretty impossibleto tell those mics apart, especially at the distance the footage was shot.

But, being a resourceful guy, and knowing that they recorded at Studio Fredman, I checked their equipment list. Unless something happened (which I doubt), it's a U67.

THANKS!!!! I appreciate it. You da man.

Cheers
Flamin'

But wait!!! 'Additional vocals .... recorded at Noman's land'.

I'm not sure, but I seem to remember something about all of the clean vocals of D&D being recorded at Nomansland. So it might be a U87 after all..

I think Mike needs to answer.

But wait!!! 'Additional vocals .... recorded at Noman's land'.

I'm not sure, but I seem to remember something about all of the clean vocals of D&D being recorded at Nomansland. So it might be a U87 after all..

I think Mike needs to answer.

Now that you mention it, I think I remember reading somthing like that too.